Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Broadbase for pension transfers?

Broadbase for pension transfers?

Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Broadbase for pension transfers?

Anyone used Broadbase for pension transfers please?

I'm thinking about this subject again. We have several small pensions scattereda bout and there is a need for 'A Plan'.

I was rather hoping Broadbase came to Nelson and Bays on their travels, so I could see the whites of their eyes, but they do not.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadbase for pension transfers?

Never heard of them but i think Spicers might offer a service for pension tranfers
and they are a very well established company.
Old Nov 17th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Bevs,

I do know of a really good independant financial advisor who helped me (and a large number of others) transfer our pensions across.
I can PM you his contact details, he does travel and he may make the journey south ( he is an expat as well).
Old Nov 17th 2009, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfield250
Bevs,

I do know of a really good independant financial advisor who helped me (and a large number of others) transfer our pensions across.
I can PM you his contact details, he does travel and he may make the journey south ( he is an expat as well).
I would be interested as well as I was thinking of using Broadbase as well but had not made a definate decision. Keen to know who is best or has been used before. Cheers
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the same frame of mind as you Bev-pensions scattered about in the UK and looking to tidy things up. Broadbase advertise a fair bit on the radio down here in Chch-where they are based. Trying to find the time to get in and have a chat. When it finally happens will let you all know how we found them.
As usual the exchange rate could well put things on ice though.

Lee
Old Nov 18th 2009, 8:25 pm
`

Originally Posted by Joshlin
We are in the same frame of mind as you Bev-pensions scattered about in the UK and looking to tidy things up. Broadbase advertise a fair bit on the radio down here in Chch-where they are based. Trying to find the time to get in and have a chat. When it finally happens will let you all know how we found them.
As usual the exchange rate could well put things on ice though.

Lee
That would be brilliant .

I'm so slooow at this sort of thing. I should have sorted this out a couple of years ago really . I think about it and dither and still get nothing sorted.

Thanks also to those that have sent PMs with recommendations. I'll be checking those out also.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 9:58 pm

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

we met with broadbase when we first came over. They are supporters of www.mov****.com - check them out on there. (and its a rival forum)

the guy did a free visit- check- chat and visits all over NZ- we met him in auckland but they are based in christchurch.

he was very good and knowledgable and when we actually get our act together we will use them to transfer our pensions over.

hope that helps
Old Nov 18th 2009, 10:19 pm
`

Thanks for that Lillycat. I've been a member there since before it became what it is today. I've posted with them before they had a forum and on their first forum.

ps
There are no rival forums. There is room a-plenty for all of us.

Now, where's me pic of the meet-up you arranged here on BE.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:16 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

oooo- i didnt take a piccy. was i supposed to?
us girlies just sat araound and had anice time having coffee.
then irish eyes organised the last one and we went to a thai- and no pic taken either !
oops sorry
but as it looks like we are meeting up regularily do you relaly want piccys of us every week
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:18 pm
`

Originally Posted by lily77cat
oooo- i didnt take a piccy. was i supposed to?

but as it looks like we are meeting up regularly do you really want piccys of us every week
Nooo.
I'm just a right noseholes and I just thought the odd pic on the meet-up section would be lovely. Actually, I'm just nosey.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 3:01 am
Just Joined

LennyV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Steve from Broadbase came to see us in Auckland, he was
very helpful, no pressure, gave us good advice. We would use them when the time is right to transfer our pensions.

Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:00 pm
`

bump.....

I'm back to this again. Told you I was slow.

If anyone out there has any further recommendations, I'd be pleased to have the details .

Cheers
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
bump.....

I'm back to this again. Told you I was slow.

If anyone out there has any further recommendations, I'd be pleased to have the details .

Cheers
I was using Rothenbury but this is my second time trying to get the paperwork back to the UK and if it fall son its arse again I will try elsewhere
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:26 pm
`

I've also re-read this old thread abut pensions transfers.

Doing my own head in now.