Reload this Page >

British Java Web Developer looking for temporary business sponsorship

British Java Web Developer looking for temporary business sponsorship

Old Feb 8th 2010, 2:52 am
Just Joined

vanilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Java Web Developer looking for temporary business sponsorship

Hello All

As the title says I am looking for a company to sponsor me on a temporary business visa ideally in either the Auckland area. I am a UK national over here on a visitors visa. I have around 5 years experience in J2EE web development and am keen to work in New Zealand. I am over 30 so don't qualify for a WHV.

From a technical aspect, looking through the employment sites there seems to be a demand for skills in Spring and Hibernate, which I do not have hands-on experience in (but would be able to pick up very rapidly).

Does anyone have experience/advice in this area?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: British Java Web Developer looking for temporary business sponsorship

Have you contacted any IT companies in the area?
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:11 am
Just Joined

vanilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Java Web Developer looking for temporary business sponsorship

I have not looked at the New Zealand market yet. I am in Australia and have registered with a few of them including Candle, CPG and Sirius technology. Most of the recruiters that I have talked say that it is possible to get temporary business sponsorship, but recruiters tend to say whatever suits them. I have had a couple of unsuccesful interviews and am unsure if my visa status is a big problem. I am wondering whether it is worth keeping applying in Oz and New Zealand in the hope of a 457, or if it is too much of a long shot and I should return home, work ofr a while and try to get a Skilled Migrant visa.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

You'll need a job offer - have a read

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...y/howdoiapply/
Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

NZ immigration is different to Australia.

If you wish to live and work in New Zealand for a while, then you will need to gain an NZ job offer first and then apply for a temporary work visa.

Please read this link

You will need to show you have the required qualifications and work experience to match the NZIS standard set for the occupation.