Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bringing some stuff to NZ - help??

Bringing some stuff to NZ - help??

Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing some stuff to NZ - help??

Hi there,

I've been in NZ for about 18 months now, and my folks have finally had enough of looking after my stuff in their house back in Yorkshire so want to get it shipped out here.

I've got about 2 cubic metres of things to ship out - pictures, crockery, home cinema system, linen - not that much really.

Is anybody looking to emigrate soon that I could tag onto a container? I'd obviously contribute, but as I don't have too much, I'm looking for the cheapest way possible!

If anyone else has any good ideas about who's cheap to ship things, I'll be more than interested too.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:51 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing some stuff to NZ - help??

Most shippers will do part loads in a shared container. John Mason who we used definitely do this as our car went in a shared 40ft with other people's stuff. We had to wait until the container was full before it was sent on its way.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped over a load of boxes when I came. I shipped 18 boxes that fitted stacked on a pallet worth so probably about the same amount that you have.
I used Seven Seas and it cost me about £600 door to door, they price by the box as long as you stay in the weight limit (which is easily done)
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

With the amout of dodgey stuff being smuggled around the world these days i think anyone who allows
boxes that they do not own or know the contents of to be shipped with their consignment is a bloody fool.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisamct
I shipped over a load of boxes when I came. I shipped 18 boxes that fitted stacked on a pallet worth so probably about the same amount that you have.
I used Seven Seas and it cost me about £600 door to door, they price by the box as long as you stay in the weight limit (which is easily done)
Hi, can u recommend seven seas? We sent our stuff over with simspons, which used fed ex and now our stuff is stuck in Auckland with a company called transworld international! It's been a p**s take to be honest so we are looking for another company to use so my mum can send the last of our stuff over!
Cheers
Shaz x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I can definitely recommend Seven Seas. I had no problems at all with them and my boxes were delivered straight to my door a few days earlier than they estimated.
I had to call them a couple of times as I changed delivery addresses half way through the process and then I lost half my paperwork and they had no problems sorting it all out for me. I have no experience of any other companies but from my experiences I'd certainly recommend them.