Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boy racer issue - getting serious

Originally Posted by Dustybin
i live in chch, and not far from Bealey Ave. But i don't care.. i drink enough at the weekend that they can make as much noise as they like and i'll sleep straight through...
that was hard to do being pregnant, which I was. You might wake up though if one crashed into your house ? No?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:16 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Why is this thread made out to look like NZ has an uncontrollable boy racer problem which is haunting every street in every community in every city or town in NZ ???
Did I miss something

Can you tell me what is being done abut the serious problem Dirk ?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lexylou
that was hard to do being pregnant, which I was. You might wake up though if one crashed into your house ? No?
Hey Lexy, how are you ?

I think you are missing the message here

which is

Just stay drunk, that way the Hoon problem goes away
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:21 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
I blame Jeremy Clarkson.
Clarkson is innocent - innocent I tell you!
Clarkson for PM!

Why is this thread made out to look like NZ has an uncontrollable boy racer problem which is haunting every street in every community in every city or town in NZ ???
It's not that bad - well actually from what I've seen it is that bad in Central Christchurch. And parts of Auckland. And certain Wellington streets.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:29 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RobClubley
It's not that bad - well actually from what I've seen it is that bad in Central Christchurch. And parts of Auckland. And certain Wellington streets.
I must be living in a dream suburb of New Zealand, no boy racers around my area, the only action we get is when an ambulance or fire engine drives by and the police doing speed checks down by the school.

Suppose we could complain about the noise from the planes but think we won't be getting very far with that if we do.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:29 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hey mate,

You need Stats

Sweet as
NOOOOOOOOOOO - just some reasoning.
Every generation thinks the next one (or the previous one) has an "attitude" problem - I want to know from you if in our case it is justified.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:31 am
Banned

Ok all you smarty pants

Since none of you happy in NZ bunch can create a solution or a invention to actually get the job done

Leave it to the .................................. nah , not the Scpttish ( sad to say) and not the Kiwi's

yup........................

the GERMANS

I just secured the agency for these

Hurry they are selling fast

Of course, evey street in New Zealand wants one ( at least one)
Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Toom_Bumper.wmv (2.53 MB, 40 views)
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:34 am
Banned

I must be living in a dream suburb of New Zealand, no boy racers around my area, the only action we get is when an ambulance or fire engine drives by and the police doing speed checks down by the school.

Suppose we could complain about the noise from the planes but think we won't be getting very far with that if we do.
Of course Dirk, there is no hoon problem in New Zealand. You can relax now, get some sheep and grow your own diesel
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:35 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hurry they are selling fast

Of course, evey street in New Zealand wants one ( at least one)
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by southerner
NOOOOOOOOOOO - just some reasoning.
Every generation thinks the next one (or the previous one) has an "attitude" problem - I want to know from you if in our case it is justified.
You want a reason why there New Zealand is plagued with hoons

You want to reason with the hoons

Me too mate

Try lack of driving education for 1.

This was discussed on an earlier thread but as you usually don’t read the threads, what’s the point (excuse the pun).
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:10 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

At least the sentences out here are very harsh.

This teenager killed 2 people because of reckless driving and now....has to stay at home for nine months.

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/NationalNe...5/default.aspx

(If you watch the video you can see him smirking as he walks into court)

Last edited by Avid; Mar 11th 2008 at 9:17 am.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:19 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

I must be living in a dream suburb of New Zealand.
Well, yes you are. Miramar is (relatively speaking) quite posh, isn't it?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Avid
At least the sentences out here are very harsh.

This teenager killed 2 people because of reckless driving and now....has to stay at home for nine months.

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/NationalNe...5/default.aspx
scary
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:24 am

And the two pensioners he killed were celebrating their 49th wedding anniversary....

In fairness, killing people by 'driving into them' is treated softly in the UK as well.

Definitely the best way to commit a murder.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:26 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Avid
Well, yes you are. Miramar is (relatively speaking) quite posh, isn't it?
Not like some of the suburbs in Auckland though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.