Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Boy racer issue - getting serious

I read in an article that several people are considering LEAVING Christchurch and New Zealand as they believe the boy racer problem is out of hand

Residents and businesses are stating that the problem is affecting their health

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10497192

Interesting statement -

“We are treating the symptom, the underlying problem is the real issue here and councils alone cannot solve this problem," he told Radio New Zealand.”

Of course there are the few on BE that will try to discredit me for posting this so as to pretend there is no boy racer problem.

Yeah right
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Boy racer issue - getting serious

Yawn.........

Could change your name to Victor Meldrew

Kip
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:24 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kippers
Yawn.........

Kip
Double Yawn ...

None in my street ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Why can't you find something positive to report from the news for a change...........

Here's one for you:

Hot Summer Over All

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4433576a11.html

Dunedin notched up more sunshine hours than ever before, Wallaceville in Upper Hutt recorded its highest ever January temperature of 30.9degC and Palmerston North registered its highest ever January temperature of 31.8degC.

Kip
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:34 am

Why can't you find something positive to report from the news for a change...........

Here's one for you:

Hot Summer Over All

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4433576a11.html

Dunedin notched up more sunshine hours than ever before, Wallaceville in Upper Hutt recorded its highest ever January temperature of 30.9degC and Palmerston North registered its highest ever January temperature of 31.8degC.

Kip
I don't understand Campbells if it's all so s^&t why you don't emigrate again to somewhere better? I honestly don't mean that to sound antagonistic, I just think if I hated where I'd ended up so much I'd look to move again. I know you'll argue costs & family etc, but if I was miserable I'd leave. I was miserable in the UK ... so I left.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Or this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10496776

damn that cook strait!!!

On the original post, no hoonies here, and thats south JAFAland!!!! Sorrry

Oh actually saw one last week on the way to henderson, not for long tho cos I well burned im ov at the lights, booyakasha!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by owen
Or this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10496776

damn that cook strait!!!

On the original post, no hoonies here, and thats south JAFAland!!!! Sorrry

Oh actually saw one last week on the way to henderson, not for long tho cos I well burned im ov at the lights, booyakasha!!!!
Correction, I pass low slung 14" PHAT exhaust cars that sound like tractors, maybe three a week on the road, have been flicked the finger once by one driver when I was doing the 50K speed limit and they mistook me for old Nana, other than that nothing?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Thats not serious, thats every saturday night at southend sea front...

Seriously, you will get the show off boyracers when you group loads of them in one "stadium".. The report stated "though the police were keep busy there was no serious incidents".Also a policeman got hit several times but sustained no injuries, he must have been hit with plastic bottles! Now thats not a case for people to leave chch is it!...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Correction, I pass low slung 14" PHAT exhaust cars that sound like tractors, maybe three a week on the road, have been flicked the finger once by one driver when I was doing the 50K speed limit and they mistook me for old Nana, other than that nothing?
PHAT exhaust on crappy nissan sunny automatics, i don't get it. Actually they make me laugh, especially when they are lowered on their suspension and the driver's puppy fat is all jiggly. Well attractive innit
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Wessa

Seriously, you will get the show off boyracers when you group loads of them in one "stadium".. The report stated "though the police were keep busy there was no serious incidents".Also a policeman got hit several times but sustained no injuries, he must have been hit with plastic bottles! Now thats not a case for people to leave chch is it!...
If they were mineral water bottles the copper's pride may have been dented enough to leave ....

I need time off sick as I was pelted with Evian Gov ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wessa

I must admit the problem doesn't seem bigger to me here than the youngsters blasting tesco carpark in their souped up novas during the night

Last edited by owen; Mar 10th 2008 at 10:48 am. Reason: bloody wine!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by owen
I must admit the problem doesn't seem bigger to me here than the youngsters blasting tesco carpark in their souped up novas during the night
I know a song about souped up novas ... oh, bugger ... apparently it's SuperNova?! Bloody wine ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

I know a song about souped up novas ... oh, bugger ... apparently it's SuperNova?! Bloody wine ...
"Someday you will find me
Caught beneath the landslide
In a champagne souped up nova in the sky "

Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:42 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Yawn.........

Kip
Thanks,

Good idea for a tatoo
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:43 am
Banned

Double Yawn ...

None in my street ...

Obviously none in NZ then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.