Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bored with 2 kids in Wellington!

Bored with 2 kids in Wellington!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Dirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really nice
Default Bored with 2 kids in Wellington!

Can anyone help???

I'm not saying Wellington is boring by a very long stretch but my 4 year old & I could really do with some company, we had a great social network in blighty & are missing it. We are in Khandallah but happy to travel. Is there anyone out there who is looking for some company too?

We've done quite a lot to get integrated locally but it is early days.

Julie, George (aged 4) & Fergus (7 months)
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:51 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bored with 2 kids in Wellington!

Originally Posted by Dirty Wellies
Can anyone help???

I'm not saying Wellington is boring by a very long stretch but my 4 year old & I could really do with some company, we had a great social network in blighty & are missing it. We are in Khandallah but happy to travel. Is there anyone out there who is looking for some company too?

We've done quite a lot to get integrated locally but it is early days.

Julie, George (aged 4) & Fergus (7 months)
ah what a shame! i am leaving khandallah tomorrow to move up to Porirua which is just 15 minutes down the road. I have a 4 and a 2 year old, both girls. Would be lovely for the kids to get together. Just these next few days are gonna be hectic to the say the least :S
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:55 am
Just Joined

Dirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really niceDirty Wellies is just really nice

Thanks for replying!

Good luck with the move - it is a nightmare with kids isn't it! What a shame we weren't online sooner. Maybe when you are settled in Porirua we could meet up sometime? George tried desperately to find someone his own age to chat to today at the park but they were all with friends - starting to feel bad about moving him.

Porirua sounds popular with the ex-pat community - we're renting so Porirua may be a future option.

Good Luck - dig into wine - it always helps!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:01 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes of course you would be very welcome. We are moving to Papakowhai and yes there is a strong expat community there, as well as a generally active residential community.

We are in Homebush Road - renting a shed!!! :-) Have a fantastic view over the harbour there. Dont think I could live here permanently. Like you say its so quiet and doesnt 'arf get hit by the winds.

PM me your email address and we'll chat from there if you like. There is a lovely Lagoon in Aotea with a big play area. Of course all the kiddies are going back to school and kindie arent they. Have you enrolled George in a preschool?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Think I've sent you a PM - excuse me if you don't get it - not so hot at navigaing the site yet. Just give me a nudge if I've been thick!

Thanks Loads
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

why don't you take your kids to Capital E?

a great place to play for kids
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
why don't you take your kids to Capital E?

a great place to play for kids
Libby, from your custom title and your sig, I am SO sorry. You sure you don't want to meet up for a quick cuppa? I make a very good shoulder to cry on.

Julie,

We often have get-togethers for the Welly area, hope to see you at the next house-warming! You missed our shindig last Saturday... probably just as well what with the flood and all.

There's also Frank Kitts Park right on the waterfront. Free too! Not sure if there's a height/age restriction on it, but your George might love the Bungy Trampoline there. My Lauren, now 6 1/4, had a good bounce on it last April when we did our recce trip. It was $20 a turn then.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Maz;5852320]Libby, from your custom title and your sig, I am SO sorry. You sure you don't want to meet up for a quick cuppa? I make a very good shoulder to cry on.

Maz,,,

Maz,,,

Maz,,,

Maz,,,

Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:00 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, I mean it. PM me if you want to have a quick coffee. Me and my colleagues go over to Mojo's at the BNZ/State Ins Centre every day. Let me know if you want to join us.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

I've just moved to Khandallah with hubby and 2 boys (10 & 7).
I don't really know anyone yet neither, been too busy doing the tourist bit, unpacking boxes, etc.
I'm quite happy to meet up for a coffee, there looks like there's a decent cafe in the village it's self.
So if you fancy a coffee/tea and to say hello then get back to me and we'll see what we can do!

Cheers

Catkin
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Sounds great!

Catkin, will be busy for rest of this week as found out today our container is arriving tomorrow - hurray! But how about next week? Monday, Thursday or Friday are good - anytime, let me know what suits you best. Would be great to meet for a chat.

Everyone, thank you so much for your help & replies, really appreciate it & hope to meet you all soon.

Many Thanks
Julie
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:25 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

PM'd you Julie!