Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booked our next NZ trip

Booked our next NZ trip

Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booked our next NZ trip

Well just in case anyone is interested I have booked our next NZ trip. This time we are going for Christmas and staying for 6 weeks. Hopefully the weather with be favourable on Christmas Day and will be able to have the promised BBQ on the beach. That will be a complete change for us but then we like change. This will be the 3rd Christmas for Gail Doug & Ryan but they were rained off the last two so all being well it will be different for them too. It will be good to share Christmas with them again.

Thought I had better get cracking and book the flights before the cost goes out of our reach with the fuel situation as it is.

June
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:04 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booked our next NZ trip

that's great! I love christmas in NZ.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Well just in case anyone is interested I have booked our next NZ trip. This time we are going for Christmas and staying for 6 weeks. Hopefully the weather with be favourable on Christmas Day and will be able to have the promised BBQ on the beach. That will be a complete change for us but then we like change. This will be the 3rd Christmas for Gail Doug & Ryan but they were rained off the last two so all being well it will be different for them too. It will be good to share Christmas with them again.

Thought I had better get cracking and book the flights before the cost goes out of our reach with the fuel situation as it is.

June
Cor ! That's brilliant June.

I know what you mean about the rain over the Christmas period. We took some friends down for a BBQ by the beach a couple of Christmases ago and it started to rain. No way were we giving up, so we just got somewhat damp. Their kids loved it coz the rain was warm. Fingers crossed there is no rain on the day this year.

If you happen to come South Island way, feel free to bring the sausages with you.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Cor ! That's brilliant June.

If you happen to come South Island way, feel free to bring the sausages with you.
As we are coming for 6 weeks we do intend visiting the South Island again. We drove & got the ferry the 1st we came time but we will fly from Tauranga to Christchurch. We will definitely bring some sausages. You will have to let me know where to drop them off. I did think of setting up a stall somewhere!!!!

June
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:29 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

We will definitely bring some sausages. You will have to let me know where to drop them off. I did think of setting up a stall somewhere!!!!

June[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't put it past you June, after all you need the 'commission' for your next trip. What about a 'sausage sizzle' on the beach to drawn in customers, it might just work and it's something I can see you doing. Sausage sizzles are very popular.

Might just bump into you one day.

Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
As we are coming for 6 weeks we do intend visiting the South Island again. We drove & got the ferry the 1st we came time but we will fly from Tauranga to Christchurch. We will definitely bring some sausages. You will have to let me know where to drop them off. I did think of setting up a stall somewhere!!!!

June
You're ON if you decide to come this way I suggest a slow drive from Xch up the Lewis Pass , stopping off at Hamner and then onto Nelson, finally ending up in the lovely village of Mapua. It's a 4/5 hour drive.

However, I do think if you are going down to Xchurch , then you really should look towards the lower part of the South Island . It's just too lovely to miss.

What are your loose plans out of interest ?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not got any as yet I only booked the flights on Monday and I am still getting over the shock of the cost of them compared to last time. We did stay over in Blenheim Kaikoura & Nelson last time but there is lots more we would like to see. Can I email you with our itinerary nearer the time?

June
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wouldn't put it past you June, after all you need the 'commission' for your next trip. What about a 'sausage sizzle' on the beach to drawn in customers, it might just work and it's something I can see you doing. Sausage sizzles are very popular.

Might just bump into you one day.

Pauline[/QUOTE]

Hi Pauline

I am sure a meeting can be arranged you could help me with the Sausage Sizzles.

June
Old Jun 11th 2008, 10:57 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

I am sure a meeting can be arranged you could help me with the Sausage Sizzles.

June[/QUOTE]

Your on
Pauline
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:27 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi June,

name the beach and time, and I'll be there if its dougs sausages are a sizzlin,

I'll go away now,,,,,,,,,, nite nite.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi June,

name the beach and time, and I'll be there if its dougs sausages are a sizzlin,

I'll go away now,,,,,,,,,, nite nite.
When we are there I will sort something out and announce the place, day & time on here. Watch out for it in the New Year under
"Doug's Sizzling Sausages."

June