Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boo hoo - dream home sold

Boo hoo - dream home sold

Old Feb 24th 2008, 4:30 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Boo hoo - dream home sold

Oh, my - now I knew it wouldn't wait the 18 months for me to get there and it was in the wrong area - but . . . .i loved it. ANd now it's sold. Boo hoo, boo hoo.

I'll just have to find another to drool over - can't guarentee it will be as cheap though!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boo hoo - dream home sold

Originally Posted by spid
Oh, my - now I knew it wouldn't wait the 18 months for me to get there and it was in the wrong area - but . . . .i loved it. ANd now it's sold. Boo hoo, boo hoo.

I'll just have to find another to drool over - can't guarentee it will be as cheap though!
Got a link so we can ooh and aah over it too?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:50 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
Got a link so we can ooh and aah over it too?
http://www.nz.open2view.com/Property/171172

I fell in love with the garden mainly - it's wonderful - house is a good price and would leave us with enough to do stuff to it. Now you have to tell me it's in arubbish area and opposite a fire station or nightclub and then i can sleep easy.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:59 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I fell in love with the garden mainly - it's wonderful - house is a good price and would leave us with enough to do stuff to it. Now you have to tell me it's in arubbish area and opposite a fire station or nightclub and then i can sleep easy.
Wow... sorry it's in a lovely area. Definitely what holds the price up is the garden. 5 bedrooms? I think not, 3 and 2 studies maybe. My betting is on single glazing and no heat, too. Didn't look for evidence too much, was too wowed by the garden, like you. Love the vines over the deck - beautiful!

Sorry you missed out, but there will be others!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:02 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by Maz
Wow... sorry it's in a lovely area. Definitely what holds the price up is the garden. 5 bedrooms? I think not, 3 and 2 studies maybe. My betting is on single glazing and no heat, too. Didn't look for evidence too much, was too wowed by the garden, like you. Love the vines over the deck - beautiful!

Sorry you missed out, but there will be others!
Yeah, definately the garden that did it - we only need three beds - cos like you i though calling it 5 was a bit optomistic - but we'd use one as a study and probably throw junk in the other. I would have put in double glazing and insulated lots. I got the feeling the house itself didn't get much sun (hence already had central heating). But that garden! Ah, sigh. Give it 18 months and i'll be looking for real! Please.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:15 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

if its any consellation Canon Lane is quite a busy road. We looked at a house on there too and was put off by the amount of traffic going past.

so there ya go.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh why do we do it?? My 'dream home' was also sold, a lifestyle house outside Cambridge, room for a horse, sleep out for Granddad, veranda all round, beautiful trees......dreams....
http://www.nz.open2view.com/Property...rch_id=3659407
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Remember that estate agents piccies can be very subjective - you don't get to see the busy road or huge sheep farm next door! Nice to dream tho' eh?!
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilma & co
Remember that estate agents piccies can be very subjective - you don't get to see the busy road or huge sheep farm next door! Nice to dream tho' eh?!
Sheep farm would be preferable to the massive new (half empty, built on a flood plain) estate they're building on the fields behind my house
Found you get quite a good view using Google earth or similar...
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

PVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of lightPVFC is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like there is already someone living there!!!

Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Oh why do we do it?? My 'dream home' was also sold, a lifestyle house outside Cambridge, room for a horse, sleep out for Granddad, veranda all round, beautiful trees......dreams....
http://www.nz.open2view.com/Property...rch_id=3659407
NIce - like that.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NIce - like that.
Get off it's mine...I'm going to force the owners out when we finally get there...and thinking about getting a house like that keeps us going on this endless road that is emigration....
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:40 pm
The Wicked One

Get off it's mine...I'm going to force the owners out when we finally get there...and thinking about getting a house like that keeps us going on this endless road that is emigration....
It's okay - it's in the wrong area for us - wrong island even! All yours.

How about I help you oust your owners if you help me oust mine?
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

How about I help you oust your owners if you help me oust mine?
You're on...OH wants to know if you have RAF connections seeing as how you in Leuchars? (nosy old RAF bod)
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:24 pm
The Wicked One

You're on...OH wants to know if you have RAF connections seeing as how you in Leuchars? (nosy old RAF bod)
oh yes - hubby OC C4I

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.