Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BMI calculations....

BMI calculations....

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default BMI calculations....

Had our medicals today and while there the nurse did our BMI figures.....

When we got the results i was somewhat amazed that i was considered to be in the overweight section of the results..

My height is 6'2'' or 188cm and my weight 13'2'' (i've lost weight since coming here, down from 14St).......

Most people consider me to be slim and when i checked the normal range of weight it started at 10'4'' for my height....

At 10stone 4 i would look like a skeleton and i'd consider someone of that my height at that weight to unwell or soemthing

can't quite understand where these figures come from or how they are meant to relate to fitness etc.

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 2nd 2007 at 11:46 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BMI calculations....

Hold the booking to diet club......seems like the nurse can't do BMI calculations.

Just checked on the net and actually i'm fine at 23.8 not 26 as the nurse calculated.

Still can believe someone 6'2'' and 10'4'' can be normal weight though
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:45 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BMI calculations....

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Hold the booking to diet club......seems like the nurse can't do BMI calculations.

Just checked on the net and actually i'm fine at 23.8 not 26 as the nurse calculated.

Still can believe someone 6'2'' and 10'4'' can be normal weight though

26 is fine too

My ideal BMI for my height is between 8st10 and 10st7!!!

Massive difference IMO. I know if I was at the lower end of the scale I would look like I was anorexic Looking at them, I don't think these figures do much to help when you have an individual who might have 'issues' about food