BMI!!!!!!

Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: BMI!!!!!!

Originally Posted by crumpy10
But....IF you weight train, you increase your BMI????

So although your metabolism speeds up, your muscle mass increases....

That is true but they don't just use the usual BMI in cases like that! They go by your waist measurement!
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trish M
That is true but they don't just use the usual BMI in cases like that! They go by your waist measurement!
88cm or under does seem a bit harsh. I have just measured myself. I would not consider myself fat, I wear size 10-12 clothes but put it this way Im glad Im not Asian.
Kaz
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

I got refused as my BMI was 36. something, within a few weeks I got it down to 33.1 and was accepted! It doesn't matter how "healthy" you are (and I am!) they will refuse you if BMI is over that magic 35. They didn't mention my waist measurement!!! Good luck, Bevissa
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I have also heard of 'them' stalling by sending things to be assesed/referred just to wast time and make the figures look good. I could be horrilbly mistaken but
NZ immigation has a target annual immigration figure calculated in order upskill NZ. Last year they were under their target by quite a long way, so hopefully no hidden issues on this front

J
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Wink Re: BMI!!!!!!

Its really funny, though, cos my BMI is 32, which I know isnt great, but I am a fit person (even if I say so myself!!) and my waist was 89cms at the medical, but it got referred because apparently now its policy to refer if the BMI is over 30..........but I cant see that in what Bevs posted......

I understand if it was referred because of my waist being so massivley over the limit but he hasnt said that at all... which leaves me thinking, are they stalling??????

Any suggestions? anyone? I am not too concerned as I am at goal!!!!

Jan, do you happen to know when the year begins for immigration targets???

Cheers

Anna
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Its really funny, though, cos my BMI is 32, which I know isnt great, but I am a fit person (even if I say so myself!!) and my waist was 89cms at the medical, but it got referred because apparently now its policy to refer if the BMI is over 30..........but I cant see that in what Bevs posted......

I understand if it was referred because of my waist being so massivley over the limit but he hasnt said that at all... which leaves me thinking, are they stalling??????

Any suggestions? anyone? I am not too concerned as I am at goal!!!!

Jan, do you happen to know when the year begins for immigration targets???

Cheers

Anna
I think it's just calendar year but don't quote me.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

Ah thanks Jan,

dont worry i wouldnt quote no one!!!!

lets hope, they try to make up the quota earlier, rather than later!!!!

Cheers

Anna
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:17 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

my waist is 32inches and i wear size 10/12 clothes, i dont consider myself fat and i work out but usualy a womens waist get thicker with age
trying to loose some inches off my waist though to about 30 just to be healthy for myself.

i do weight train
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Just had email from case officer.

HE says that my medical is now clear..... thank heavens for that!!!

Very happy with that!

Just to clarify..... BMI is 32, with a waist measurement of 89 cms...

For those yet to go through this bit of the rollercoaster.....

I am NOT suggesting that my result is OK, its just what the MA said about mine.

Cheers for listening.

Anna
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Just had email from case officer.

HE says that my medical is now clear..... thank heavens for that!!!

Very happy with that!

Just to clarify..... BMI is 32, with a waist measurement of 89 cms...

For those yet to go through this bit of the rollercoaster.....

I am NOT suggesting that my result is OK, its just what the MA said about mine.

Cheers for listening.

Anna
YAY!!! Congratulations
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Great news, now for the next hurdle, (whatever that is )

Jan
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jan.

Now to verify Simon's work experience..... which is difficult, as he has been a self employed electrician and doesnt have the refs which are required, but the EWRB have provisionally approved him, via a statutory declaration, but not immi yet......

will keep you posted....

wish us luck, we are gonna need bucket loads of the stuff!!!

Anna
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

andyjmcm is an unknown quantity at this point

ive had my medical last week and everything has came back as normal and healthy, although i am carrying extra weight and my BMI was 38, do you think im going to have problems getting approved, my blood pressure was spot on and even the doctor said he would describe me as healthy but with a few extra pounds!!

Anyone been in a similar position and got approved?

Regards in advance!

Andy
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Weight, height, BMI and waist circumference
The medical examiner is expected to use metric units throughout. Measurements given in other units may result in Immigration New Zealand not accepting the medical certificate. Adults and children should be weighed standing, barefoot or in stockings/socks and wearing lightweight clothing. Infants should be barefoot and weighed in undergarments. Weight is to be measured in kilograms, except for infants where weight should be noted to the nearest 0.1kg. Height is measured standing in all persons over the age of 24 months. Use a stadiometer fixed to the wall. Measurement to the nearest centimetre or better is required. The measurement of
children less than 24 months may be of height or of length. If length was measured because the child was unable to stand, this should be indicated, and the reason for this noted. The medical examiner is expected to calculate the BMI for all applicants aged 18 years and older. Measure the waist circumference of all applicants 18 years of age. With a tape measure, comfortably measure the shortest circumference that is below the rib cage and above the umbilicus.
The medical examiner is to request fasting glucose and fasting lipids where BMI >35 or when the waist circumference in applicants 18 years or over is greater than the following limits1:
• men: ≥ 102cm, except Asian/Indian men: ≥ 90cm
• women: ≥ 88cm, except Asian/Indian women: ≥ 80cm.

Where a patient may be in a higher risk category, with fasting bloods having been requested, the applicant’s attitude to their condition should be explored. Please note whether they recognise a problem exists, whether they are planning any changes to improve the situation, have they made any changes, what success, if any, have they had etc, is all relevant information.

Hope this helps? anything is possible!

Anna
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

andyjmcm is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Anna, to summarize do you know if its going to be a definite NO or do you think there may still be a chance of a YES???

Thanks

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.