Blue stickers

Old Sep 29th 2015, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blue stickers

I have just had to renew my pommie passport and was then going to go through the process of getting the old blue stickers transferred when I read this on the form (INZ1023)

Note: You do not need a visa label in your passport to
travel to, enter, or remain in New Zealand. Your visa is held
in Immigration New Zealand’s electronic system. Airlines,
New Zealand government agencies, education providers
and employers can check your visa electronically, or
through the Immigration Contact Centre.

Looks like I will save myself $105 and not bother with them, just wondered if anyone else has done likewise?
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Re: Blue stickers

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I have just had to renew my pommie passport and was then going to go through the process of getting the old blue stickers transferred when I read this on the form (INZ1023)

Note: You do not need a visa label in your passport to
travel to, enter, or remain in New Zealand. Your visa is held
in Immigration New Zealand’s electronic system. Airlines,
New Zealand government agencies, education providers
and employers can check your visa electronically, or
through the Immigration Contact Centre.

Looks like I will save myself $105 and not bother with them, just wondered if anyone else has done likewise?
Bum.....I've just renewed mine!
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:07 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

That's an interesting new development. I renewed my British passport last year. When it was returned to me, I dutifully sent it to my local NZIS office, paid the fee and got replacement blue stickers put back in my passport. If this information is now stored electronically and a saving can be made then great.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

This has been the case for at least a year. It's happened since the new electronic passport systems have been introduced for UK, NZ, AU, USA, Canada and Singapore residents. It's your option now that if your passport has the key at the bottom -()- , then you can use the electronic machines to go through. A life saver for those travelling to Australia who's flights land the same time as the flights from South East Asia.It's only valid for PR. For those who's passports have travel conditions and expire, you'll still need to get the sticker inserted. I checked this when the wife's passport was renewed.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H
This has been the case for at least a year. It's happened since the new electronic passport systems have been introduced for UK, NZ, AU, USA, Canada and Singapore residents. It's your option now that if your passport has the key at the bottom -()- , then you can use the electronic machines to go through. A life saver for those travelling to Australia who's flights land the same time as the flights from South East Asia.It's only valid for PR. For those who's passports have travel conditions and expire, you'll still need to get the sticker inserted. I checked this when the wife's passport was renewed.
Good info, thanks
Old Sep 30th 2015, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would be inclined to opt for the sticker. My OH does have blue stickers and still had some dramas get back here from Aussie. The check-in chick kept asking him for details of his onwards flight from Auckland - she didn't explain well and he of course didn't have a clue or understand why she should have any issues with his ticket or what exactly it was she was wanting but transpired that she was refusing to check him in for the homeward flight because he did not have appropriate visa to stay here. Duh! Check the big blue sticker lovey!!
Old Feb 12th 2016, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

UPDATE:
Returning from Fiji yesterday I was stopped by customs as I didn't have an apparent visa. I showed them the form that said the blue stickers were no longer required and the visa was held electronically, they didn't buy it and had to phone immigration who said I need to come and see them when I get a chance! So I'll pop in and see them next week and see what the story is. The form definitely says the blue stickers aren't needed - confusing!
Old Feb 12th 2016, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't know anything about this.
Just renewed the boys passport and then renewed the Bluey.
As far as I understood it there wasnt any other option or I would have left it and saved myself the $'s
Old Feb 12th 2016, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Daisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond reputeDaisy616 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need the blue stickers to get into NZ as they're filed electronically. However, airlines don't necessarily have access to that system and will be fined if they bring passengers to a country without the appropriate visa or onward travel evidence. So they are super careful. It's worth having the physical stickers - travel is stressful enough without having to deal with problems that can be avoided with a payment of $105 every 10 years.
Old Feb 12th 2016, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Also it's handy to have the stickers in your passport for when you need to prove to people like your GP, or employer or bank or any other myriad institutions in NZ who need to see your visa to give you access to services.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Well I went to see Immigration like a good boy and they said "You need the blue stickers as they have your visa number printed on them!" DOH - so much for them being held electronically, and the statement on their form saying that they are not required.
Anyway I won't bother getting them as I am due to get my kiwi passport soon