Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Blackmail to reduce house price

Blackmail to reduce house price

Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Blackmail to reduce house price

We were supposed to exchange contracts on our house today. But our buyers buyer decided to choose today to offer £ksss less than asking price or back out. Our buyer can't do this they need all the asking price. She's giving him till Friday to reconsider.

So here I am with a deposit on a rental house, all utilities told we are moving next week, phone on rental organised, removal organised. Will have to cancel all this tomorrow . Can't face doing tonight.

We were told by our solicitor that we looked ok to exchange Monday . She wasn't to know the blackmailing buyer would strike. I don't blame her.

I'm sitting here stunned. Feel sorry for our buyer, better go to kiwi bar for a drink!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:13 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blackmail to reduce house price

I'm sitting here stunned. Feel sorry for our buyer, better go to kiwi bar for a drink![/QUOTE]

That's not good to hear Helen, hope it sorts itself out.
Karen B
Old Nov 14th 2006, 5:26 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
We were supposed to exchange contracts on our house today. But our buyers buyer decided to choose today to offer £ksss less than asking price or back out. Our buyer can't do this they need all the asking price. She's giving him till Friday to reconsider.

So here I am with a deposit on a rental house, all utilities told we are moving next week, phone on rental organised, removal organised. Will have to cancel all this tomorrow . Can't face doing tonight.

We were told by our solicitor that we looked ok to exchange Monday . She wasn't to know the blackmailing buyer would strike. I don't blame her.

I'm sitting here stunned. Feel sorry for our buyer, better go to kiwi bar for a drink!

Same happened to me! I should never have given in as it is still going on!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:22 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

It happened to us our we called their bluff and raised the price $1K for each day over the exchange deadline. We happened to know that they had already incurred significant cost with surveys and solicitors.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
It happened to us our we called their bluff and raised the price $1K for each day over the exchange deadline. We happened to know that they had already incurred significant cost with surveys and solicitors.
Sorry to hear it happened to you.
will have to keep that $1k in mind if the guy doesn't exchange tomorrow
I want compensation for the ordeal he's putting us through!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:01 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear it happened to you.
will have to keep that $1k in mind if the guy doesn't exchange tomorrow
I want compensation for the ordeal he's putting us through!
Oh Helen, that's awful - what a stress. Same thing happened directly to my mum, buysers spent 3rd viewing going over eveything for an hour and a half, went home, phoned agent and reduced offer by £k'sss.

She told them to shove it, but she wasn't in a chain.

We should have a compensation scheme for this, unless there's a darn good reason structurally or litigating circumstances.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Oh Helen, that's awful - what a stress. Same thing happened directly to my mum, buysers spent 3rd viewing going over eveything for an hour and a half, went home, phoned agent and reduced offer by £k'sss.

She told them to shove it, but she wasn't in a chain.

We should have a compensation scheme for this, unless there's a darn good reason structurally or litigating circumstances.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you.
Well he took ages to get to exchange, then today as were about to exchange he pulled this stunt! Hubby says shame we can't expose him - I mean he's not asking for £2000 off he's asking £100,000 off our buyers house- cheek!(wonder if he's a property developer)
Yes these things come to test us! Just booked the op for the 15th Dec so it I could move house first- oh well up side is at least I'll be ok for xmas.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez H,the miserly dastardly,unhuman,stinking bastar*! Really sorry love. If you find out where he lives-hopefully I won't be too long. Giz 10 mins with the shit and the contract will be sweet! Good luck.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by danny.f
Jeez H,the miserly dastardly,unhuman,stinking bastar*! Really sorry love. If you find out where he lives-hopefully I won't be too long. Giz 10 mins with the shit and the contract will be sweet! Good luck.
Danny
If hubby knew where he lived he'd expose him to papers
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:34 pm

Danny
If hubby knew where he lived he'd expose him to papers
Have you signed the tenancy agreement Helen and has it been counter-signed by agent or landlord?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you signed the tenancy agreement Helen and has it been counter-signed by agent or landlord?
no only paid the £200 admin fee and deposit to take property off market. Thank God!. Will have to hang head and grovel tomorrow when telling them we probably can't move next week!Landlord won't be happy.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:49 pm

no only paid the £200 admin fee and deposit to take property off market. Thank God!. Will have to hang head and grovel tomorrow when telling them we probably can't move next week!Landlord won't be happy.
As far as the rental goes then you are not under contract and can withdraw/postpone and not lose your money. trust me I have an "Ology!" Ok , not stictly true, but you are not tied in and can have full refund - don't let them tell you otherwise! Plus they'll never get it re-let in the same amount of time with references to take up etc. A bank reference takes up to 14 working days for an in-going tenant.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

As far as the rental goes then you are not under contract and can withdraw/postpone and not lose your money. trust me I have an "Ology!" Ok , not stictly true, but you are not tied in and can have full refund - don't let them tell you otherwise! Plus they'll never get it re-let in the same amount of time with references to take up etc. A bank reference takes up to 14 working days for an in-going tenant.
just had the reference papers come by email- reckoned they could do it in 2 days!
they said we wouldn't get admin fee back.
we'd like the house to stay free for us.
Will keep fingers crossed all night and see what happens tomorrow.
Thanks for advice.
I'm off to bed
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:00 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

This is absolutly terrible, I wish I could offer you some worth while advice, however, as Manuel used to say 'I know nothing' so I offer you our support and hope thingsimprove rapidly for you and your buyers
Old Nov 14th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

What rotten s***ts!
I feel so sorry for you Helen, they say everything happens for a reason, can't see it at the moment eh!
Good luck with the op, you will be fine its no problem. Take care
Lol
Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.