Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Billy Connolly in NZ next year

Billy Connolly in NZ next year

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

pedalmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Billy Connolly in NZ next year

Yay........we are going to the rotovegas show.Cant wait.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
god hes a bit old hat now...used to like him in the 80s... rather go to the BIG DAY OUT
You make me grin

I've friends that want to go to this Big Day Out but it's in blummin' Auckland.

Is it a fete and a tombola ? Kiddin'
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:06 pm
`

Originally Posted by hosebergine
You're all soooo lucky! We'll still be in the UK

At least once a week we watch a bit of Billy Connelly's World Tour of NZ because it gets us all excited about moving over. Can't beat spotting benches you've sat on!!!
OMG We used to do this before we arrived for good.

An NZ Story
During our planned reccie, here in early 2004, BC was doing a tour. The 'Too Old to Die Young' tour. So, I looked and waited and watched for any tickets I could get my hands on and that would fit in with our reccie. . I just thought it would be so brilliant to see him here and we had never seen him before. No tickets anywhere. Nothing, zip , zilch. All sold out. Then I spotted a pair of tickets on-line. The people were wanting to see some important cricket and decided that BC should be binned. It was a Buy & Sell paper on a very cranky sort of website.

Nothing ventured . Nothing gained. So I contacted the seller , leaving a phone message and said we would have them there, much prized tickets. No problemo , they said. Wire the money and we will send our friends, as we will be at the cricket, to meet you under the clock in Taupo before the concert at 7pm on the date. Ooo eer missus but desperate measures, so I did it . I sent them the money & re-sorted our plans to be in Taupo which we did not need to visit as there was no plumbing job there.
Anyway. Do you know what? Their friends turned up under the clock at Taupo and gave us the tickets. At 7pm. All at cost price. They had travelled from Napier to do only that. They hadn't tickets for the concert themselves even

Now, of all the things I have to read on here, aint that a good reason to come to a place with less people. I'm not going to label this as an NZ thing or that it would not happen in the UK, coz I would have done this self same thing for someone/anyone in the UK or anywhere else for that matter. It's all about less people , more time and more trust in some areas. They had faith and so did we.

Me, him and the Big Yin that night in 2004. Yes we are short. BC is tall by comparison.
Slightly unfair on husband coz he is well fit.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 24th 2012 at 3:20 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to the Rotovegas show too,
Saw him last time he did Rotorua and it was so funny..... you could tell who were the Brits in the audience by when people laughted at certain jokes.

Gill
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:59 pm
`

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Saw him last time he did Rotorua and it was so funny..... you could tell who were the Brits in the audience by when people laughed at certain jokes.

Gill
I know We just laugh like drains
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Saw him last time he did Rotorua and it was so funny..... you could tell who were the Brits in the audience by when people laughted at certain jokes.

Gill
Where you seated Gill??
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:22 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kato33
Where you seated Gill??
I wouldn't mind going - but Hubby says he'd rather stick hot needles in his eyes.

This could be arranged ...
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

I love your story BEVShere - made me smile
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:13 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Just got tickets for ChCH

$89 each; the $110 ones are sold

Thats Xmas sorted for us
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:17 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I wouldn't mind going - but Hubby says he'd rather stick hot needles in his eyes.

This could be arranged ...
Agree with your Husband
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:39 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Got tickets for Nelson, can't wait
Old Nov 4th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marian

Off topic I know but its good to put a face to a name and I must say you look very well. Living in NZ must suit you. You say you are not very tall neither am I less than 5' now.

Heres one of me and my hubby:-
Attached Thumbnails Billy Connolly in NZ next year-cruise.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Got my tickets too
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to the original tip off - I got mine for Welly the other day. He's not my fav UK stand-up..that would be Ben Elton but hey I'm a bit UK humour-starved here and if he's been good enough tocome 11,000 miles (in Business Class) it's the least I can do.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Thanks to the original tip off - I got mine for Welly the other day. He's not my fav UK stand-up..that would be Ben Elton but hey I'm a bit UK humour-starved here and if he's been good enough tocome 11,000 miles (in Business Class) it's the least I can do.
I very much doubt The Big Yin would rough it in Business Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.