Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

best route planner to Wellington

best route planner to Wellington

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

lipgloss1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best route planner to Wellington

My partner is going to Wellington in September and we were wondering if anyone had any advice regarding the best, easiest and cheapest way to get there.
We live in Manchester, as far as my research has got me is that he will have to go from Heathrow.
Would it be better to fly to Sydney then onto Wellington or fly to the Philippines or Singapore then to Auckland and hire a car to get to Wellington?
Any advice or tips on this subject will be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best route planner to Wellington

Originally Posted by lipgloss1968
My partner is going to Wellington in September and we were wondering if anyone had any advice regarding the best, easiest and cheapest way to get there.
We live in Manchester, as far as my research has got me is that he will have to go from Heathrow.
Would it be better to fly to Sydney then onto Wellington or fly to the Philippines or Singapore then to Auckland and hire a car to get to Wellington?
Any advice or tips on this subject will be greatly appreciated.
You should be able to get a number of flights from Manchester with Emirates that go to Oz, then get a connecting flight into Wellington from either Melbourne or Sydney... As to cost no idea....
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a search I just did on Kayak for a 10-11 day visit in September.

Book now and you're looking at about £880-950 return from Manchester direct to Wellington in September with Qantas/Emirates, two stops in Dubai and Sydney, depending on days you leave and return.

I wouldn't mess around with driving to Wellington. It's a long drive, especially after flying all that distance with the jetlag and all... and the costs of car rentals aren't going to be that cheap.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Not sure you have to go from Heathrow. If you live in Manchester then you may wish to look at flights from Birmingham to Auckland via Dubia and OZ, the two stops are pretty quick.

If possible I would avoid going via the USA although the flight look easier.

I'd fly down to Wellington from Auckland.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

I'm flying from Manchester to Auckland... Air New Zealand are doing an offer at the moment; £637 for a one way. You can also sign up for their airpoints scheme too, if it's a regular journey
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Manchester - Abu Dhabi - Sydney - Wellington with Ethiad Airways
Manchester - Dubai - Sydney - Wellington with Emirates
Manchester - Singapore - Auckland/Christchurch - Wellington with Singapore Airlines.

Don't go via the USA.