Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best recent thread?

Best recent thread?

Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

jjennings will become famous soon enough
Default Best recent thread?

I wish there was a prize for the most enjoyable thread/contributor. I would nominate Den13 for "A Prison Officers View of NZ". Excellent writing style and sense of humour. I'd love to spend time in a bar with him but I don't think I could keep up................

Best of luck Den and hope you get back here soon.

Cheers,
John
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best recent thread?

Yes, I second that !!

Gill
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

i third that, Den is a decent guy and his thread is very funny, interesting and informative,

makes a great read

Hope your flight went well Den keep up the good work
Old Sep 9th 2005, 12:27 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

My favourite ever thread was the British Lions Vs the All Blacks.....

Resulting in the loss of two contributers and 1 moderator.....it was a real cat fight
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by jjennings
I wish there was a prize for the most enjoyable thread/contributor. I would nominate Den13 for "A Prison Officers View of NZ". Excellent writing style and sense of humour. I'd love to spend time in a bar with him but I don't think I could keep up................

Best of luck Den and hope you get back here soon.

Cheers,
John

what happened to biddy ? he did some good threads
Old Sep 10th 2005, 3:00 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex geordie
what happened to biddy ? he did some good threads
I'm still here lurking in the background. Actually I'm in Florida having a whale of a time with Sarah and the Kids. We've been here since Monday and after doing Disneys Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM studios & Sea World, we're having a day of rest by the pool. Which actually is more tiring than anything else!
We're here till the 19th Sept when we continue our trip back to NZ arriving on the 21st. That is going to be some trip. The kids we're so hyper on the 9 hr trip out that I'm not sure either they or us will survive a 4hr flight to LA then 14 hrs to Auck then 1 hr to Welly all back to back! Yoiks! Some might fine drugs needed methinks.

Sorry for not posting much since getting back from NZ there's been so much to do. And we've been homeless since end July so getting access to a computer has at times been challenging.

Our house purchase (NZ) fell through - after reading the LIM report we discovered there's to be a new road built quite close to it so we've put it on hold until we can find out more. Still should make it fun for us all to look once we get back there. I made loads of real estate contacts on my first trip so finding a good 'un shouldn't take too long.

Lots of 'new faces' on the forum - good to see. Don't be put off by all the negative comments though - try it for yourself. Better to regret doing it that regret not.

Hello to all the 'old faces' too - I use the word old in a 'been on the forum a while' kinda way.

Tara for now

Biddy
Old Sep 10th 2005, 5:07 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biddy
I'm still here lurking in the background. Actually I'm in Florida having a whale of a time with Sarah and the Kids. We've been here since Monday and after doing Disneys Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM studios & Sea World, we're having a day of rest by the pool. Which actually is more tiring than anything else!
We're here till the 19th Sept when we continue our trip back to NZ arriving on the 21st. That is going to be some trip. The kids we're so hyper on the 9 hr trip out that I'm not sure either they or us will survive a 4hr flight to LA then 14 hrs to Auck then 1 hr to Welly all back to back! Yoiks! Some might fine drugs needed methinks.

Sorry for not posting much since getting back from NZ there's been so much to do. And we've been homeless since end July so getting access to a computer has at times been challenging.

Our house purchase (NZ) fell through - after reading the LIM report we discovered there's to be a new road built quite close to it so we've put it on hold until we can find out more. Still should make it fun for us all to look once we get back there. I made loads of real estate contacts on my first trip so finding a good 'un shouldn't take too long.

Lots of 'new faces' on the forum - good to see. Don't be put off by all the negative comments though - try it for yourself. Better to regret doing it that regret not.

Hello to all the 'old faces' too - I use the word old in a 'been on the forum a while' kinda way.

Tara for now

Biddy
Good to hear from you Biddy...take care!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biddy

Tara for now

Biddy
Hi Biddy

So glad to see its all going forwards for you. I hope you, Sarah and the Kids have a fab time in USA. Your adventure makes me think about how I felt when my family moved to Oz in the 60's and I got to see the Pyramids (we went by ship) and I saw dolphins and flying fish in the Red Sea and saw very heavy seas in the Indian Ocean (waves taller than the ocean liner). These are things that you NEVER forget!! It is so wonderful that your kids are getting these experiences now. They will be profoundly altered by the experience and very much to their advantage. Keep posting won't you!

Wishing you and your family all the very best in your quest.

Kindest Regards