Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

Old Feb 18th 2006, 7:56 pm
livewire

Default Re: Is this the best NZ forum on the web?

OMG, i've got 100 pm's thanks Pinkie will delete some of them right now.

many apologies everyone for the slip I made earlier in the thread. I must ensure I read the rules now as I'm sure they've changed a lot since I first joined.

Old Feb 18th 2006, 8:11 pm
livewire

Just read them.

Good set of rules there, helps to keep the forum on an even keel.

Old Feb 19th 2006, 4:25 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
I think it is ...
Not just the best, but the best of the best.

I love reading this forum, get a great insight into what it means to live in NZ.

What Patrick Henry meant to say: Give me liberty or give me this forum!

The best of the best.

Last edited by User Name; Feb 19th 2006 at 4:30 am. Reason: What pH meant to say ...
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:55 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if your allowed to advertise your own forums on here are you!!!?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:53 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

There are rules???????????/

What like you must wear a specific colour of underwear, or that your feet must be a particular size??????????

What are the rules? Where are they? How well are they displayed? How often are you reminded of these rules?

Seriously and joking apart, I don't recall being reminded of rules - perhaps this should be something the moderators should be aware of and suggest to the designers of the site to make more noticeable. ??
Old Feb 19th 2006, 10:16 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P18PPS
There are rules???????????/

What like you must wear a specific colour of underwear, or that your feet must be a particular size??????????

What are the rules? Where are they? How well are they displayed? How often are you reminded of these rules?

Seriously and joking apart, I don't recall being reminded of rules - perhaps this should be something the moderators should be aware of and suggest to the designers of the site to make more noticeable. ??
Underwear must of course be pink!!...only kidding....

When new members join the site you see the following message on the discussion forum page prior to signing up...

Welcome to the British Expats Forum.If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The rules are displayed under FAQ at the top of the page...here's the link for anyone wanting a 'refresher'... http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.php?

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Feb 19th 2006 at 10:19 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:47 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, and I'll make sure my undercrackers are pink from now on!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

This Forum isnt the most popular by number of threads but has the least amout of politcs, bullying, thread hijacking and arguments over who's opinion is best.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 9:20 am
livewire

I'd also like to think that people get a more balanced view on what it is like to live and work in NZ and that we can talk about the pros and cons without descending into mud slinging and getting bogged down in the mire.

It is also a useful source of information on how to go through the emigration process and what to really expect when you get here.

It's not just Brits who post here either, there are people from NZ living in other countries who also contribute and people emigrating from places besides the UK. It makes for some very lively discussion sometimes I know and can be very thought provoking.