Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beer, Christchurch, Next weekend?

Beer, Christchurch, Next weekend?

Old May 28th 2010, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beer, Christchurch, Next weekend?

Any takers?

Otherwise I'm happy to drink on my own!

That'll be Queens B'day weekend.
Old May 28th 2010, 1:00 am
Just Joined

GonetoNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beer, Christchurch, Next weekend?

Me and my OH would be up for a beer. We have just moved to Chch and don't know anyone yet so it would be great to have another person to talk to

When and where will you be?

Su
Old May 28th 2010, 2:59 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger!
Going to be busy that weekend due to a mixture of work and having to go north to visit the inlaws as it's someone's B'day [and not the Queens!]

Would much prefer to be going out for a drink round here and meeting some people

Another time maybe?
Old May 28th 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I will be all on my own as my bird is on another conference so would be up for a quick one
Old May 30th 2010, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Yep we are probs about so put us down for two
Old May 30th 2010, 5:19 am
Account Closed

so when and where?? erm in the city somewhere say saturday late afternoon?

does that work?
Old May 30th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

somewhere with parking ?
Old May 31st 2010, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
somewhere with parking ?
spoken like a true kiwi!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:51 am
Just Joined

TiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura about

Hi guys,

I'd love to meet up too..Will just be me though as husband in Uk for the moment!

Where you thinking of?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:16 am
Just Joined

TiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura aboutTiffinNZ has a spectacular aura about

PS Mick - good timing....was gonna call you guys for a drink for this weekend anyway! last weekend off.....Ugh.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TiffinNZ
PS Mick - good timing....was gonna call you guys for a drink for this weekend anyway! last weekend off.....Ugh.
About time you started working!

Ok So what about the Bard on Avon (might as well go to a flippin english pub!)

from say 3 - 4pm?

If anyone has a better idea feel free. Send me a PM if you are likely to be out and i'll give you my mobile number,

The rules of drinking with me are these:
1) you must at least show a passing interest on how great it is to see newcastle back in the premier league.
2) you must understand that i will be slightly intoxicated at some stage and will therefore think i am the funniest man in the world
3) you should agree that the vw split screen van is one of the finest vehicles even made
4) i will be nipping off at ever more regular intervals to have a cigarette, and yes I already know it is bad for me. I do however ride a motorbike, eat curry and drink too much, so I think it is the least of my worries
5) i dont have children and therefore have no form or reference to witty stories about them saying boll*cks in front of your mother
6) i do have a dog and therefore do know about witty stories about them trying to hump the neighbours cat
7) i like living here and dont think it is either particularly dangerous, or indeed a third world country
8) i can be an opinionated arse, ask my wife! (and you can!)

If I havent put you all off see you at the weekend!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Excellent. Looking forward to it. Will be making the most of my last full weekend off till I'm probably 40.

Mad apples all round - well for me and Steph anyway :-)
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 12:26 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Aarrghh feeling even more disappointed now that I have to spend the weekend with the inlaws instead of going out and having fun.
Have a great time everyone

Job for tomorrow:visit the library so I have plenty to read whilst up there, conversation is not expected or forthcoming, boredom is setting in already and I don't arrive for another two days
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

GonetoNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

See you there :-) Hopefully we'll be able to spot you, else we may end up unwittingly talking to the wrong people all afternoon!

Su & Jp
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

See u there i hope u are fully prepared to talk utter bollox about motorcycles for a bit

Neil

pm ur no so i dont look like i,m cruising the pub

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.