Bear trimmers lol

Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Bear trimmers lol

Hiya peeps

I am in dire need of a beard trimmer

I made the mistake of packing my favourite model and am using a crappy one now... I don't mind buying another to cover me until the ship arrives in a couple of weeks... I don't want to start work a week monday looking like a yeti

What good places are there to buy such things? I'm after your Argos/Comet of this world... and preferably and out of town centre (I'm based atm in Auckland CBD but have a car so will travel!).

cheers!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bear trimmers lol

The Warehouse is like the store room of Argos but with prices on the shelves. Radius is a chemists like Boots is, might be worth a look. Not being in posession of facial hair that is my best guess. By the way or BTW to use modern parlance, is it a typo in the title ? Or did you use bear instead of beard for fun ?
Harvey Norman is furniture and electricals, similar to Courts, if you had a Courts furniture store in your town. Don't know if they have a personal grooming section. Noel Leeming is an electrical store. Dick Smith is an electrical store too. Good luck getting past this 'bond' business if it stops working. Don't know if the Sale of Goods Act exists in New Zealand.

Last edited by Debbie2NZ; Jul 28th 2011 at 9:22 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Ok cool I'll have a look at the Warehouse... any more suggestions peeps?

...and it was a typo
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

As mentioned above, the Warehouse is your best bet. They will be cheapest and are everywhere including in the Westfield in the CBD.

If you want to go to a mall though the best one from the CBD will be Sylvia Park in Mt Wellington. It's huge and they have a massive Warehouse plus all the other electrical stores and pharmacies that have been mentioned. It's only 10/15mins south on the motorway from the CBD.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cool thanks for that - we'll pop there today!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

We popped to a Westfield yesterday... am I correct in thinking they are a company who owns the shopping mall buildings?

We went to one with an event cinema... cant remember where it was though lol it may well have been sylvia park...
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rick78
We popped to a Westfield yesterday... am I correct in thinking they are a company who owns the shopping mall buildings?

We went to one with an event cinema... cant remember where it was though lol it may well have been sylvia park...
Yes Westfield is an Aus company that owns lots of the malls in NZ. They even have a few in London now!

Sylvia Park isn't a Westfield and has a Hoyts cinema. Sounds like you may have gone to St Lukes! If you fancy a spot of lunch at Sylvia Park - try Garrisons Pub - yummy!!

Can you tell I go shopping quite a lot???
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes that was it - i remember now

will pop on down to sylvia park today... are there any large play areas down there also for my manic 5yr old?!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

I think there is a kids place on the second level near JB Hi-Fi. Not sure what ages it caters for though. They have a few fun bits in the centre court during the school holidays such as trampolines and mini zorb balls on water. That might keep him entertained for a short while!