Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bank loans for cars???

Bank loans for cars???

Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank loans for cars???

Plenty of Fords and Holdens that will it 3 kids in the back.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:06 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onsisoppad
I don't want a fancy new car. Just a reliable car to take me from a-b . As I got 3 small children i require a car we can all fit in - asa most cars don't fit 3 carseats in the back!!!!! I don't even have a $1000 cash to buy a car so would HAVE to be on a loan as we didn't manage to sell our car back home. We've been told that you can not get a car older than 1999 on finance. I gave up my top of the range 4x4 in england and are happy with a 1999 car we can all fit in comfortably and a pram and maybe a friend or two for the kids. And they come in at about $10K - So it is not like I want a fancy car or anything.......

Why do people critisize? We are able to repay the monthly payment as my husband is on a reasonable wage...... we just didn't realize we can't get it on a loan.

However Dads are great and my dad is lending met the money instead and i can pay him back all the way to south africa instead.

I thought this is a forum for advice instead i am being criticized.
I don't think you're being criticised, people are offering some suggestions and then discussing their opinions ... it is obviously up to you how you finance the purchase and what you spend the money on. And it's brilliant that your dad has been able to support you.

I'm about to have to sell my 1999 VW Golf which I love, but being a European car of a certain age it's just costing too much now that things are starting to go wrong. So I shall be joining the ranks of Jap import owners.

Interestingly I've been told the VW will fetch about $1500 more if I take it to Wellington to sell at auction than here in Tauranga. Different areas have different favourites apparently. So that's me sorted with an away trip!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 5:14 am
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by onsisoppad
I don't want a fancy new car. Just a reliable car to take me from a-b . As I got 3 small children i require a car we can all fit in - asa most cars don't fit 3 carseats in the back!!!!! I don't even have a $1000 cash to buy a car so would HAVE to be on a loan as we didn't manage to sell our car back home. We've been told that you can not get a car older than 1999 on finance. I gave up my top of the range 4x4 in england and are happy with a 1999 car we can all fit in comfortably and a pram and maybe a friend or two for the kids. And they come in at about $10K - So it is not like I want a fancy car or anything.......

Why do people critisize? We are able to repay the monthly payment as my husband is on a reasonable wage...... we just didn't realize we can't get it on a loan.

However Dads are great and my dad is lending met the money instead and i can pay him back all the way to south africa instead.

I thought this is a forum for advice instead i am being criticized.

I bought a ford taurus 1999 stationwagon for 350.00 CAD and sold it for 1600 CAD. I drove it for 3600km, so I figured I should make $1200 profit after the paper work.