Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bands from the 80`s

Bands from the 80`s

Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bands from the 80`s

Originally Posted by dash1965
Does anyone remember:

Blue Ronda a La Turk - Klaktoveseteen (poor spelling) I've got the 12" re-mix but I don't have a turntable anymore
OMG!! i had the 12'' too..........mm ah m mmm ah m mmm ah........
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

remember Heart - Alone

and I dont think anyone has said

WHAM
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Madness, The Beat, The Specials, Bad Manners, The Bodysnatchers, The Selector, we all used to wear Black Doc Martins with yellow laces, short jeans, Fred Perry shirt & Black Harrington Jacket

Happy Days
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:19 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a New Romantic & thought I was soooooooo cool!
Erasure, The Communards, Culture Club, OMD, Soft Cell, Dexy's Midnight Runners, UB40, The Beat, Ultravox, China Crisis.

I went to see Thompson Twins, Grandmaster Flash & Imagination at the Manchester Apollo - all brill
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Forgot Adam & the Ants
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Madness, The Beat, The Specials, Bad Manners, The Bodysnatchers, The Selector, we all used to wear Black Doc Martins with yellow laces, short jeans, Fred Perry shirt & Black Harrington Jacket

Happy Days
These were all my favourites! My harrington jacket had dozens of badges all over it. I used to fancy Suggs!

Anyone remember wearing funky belts??
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SarahB
These were all my favourites! My harrington jacket had dozens of badges all over it. I used to fancy Suggs!

Yeah, I had a few & baggy trousers too
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

SPANDAU BALLET, Gold and my favorite Through THe Barricades.
Tony Hadley sung at "The Hastings Beer And Music Festival" 2 years ago, which I helped organize. I thought that I would get to meet him but I sadly didn`t. Also sadly it was a bad idea as we lost money. We were lucky to make a massive recovery the next year by having KEANE , who are from Battle, where I used to live. They were at the G8 concert the next night. AWESOME
Ash

Fashion.........double breasted shirts and those tea towel things that you drape over one shoulder.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Bowie - Glass Spider Tour 1987, seen them at Roker Park Sunderland.

Can anyone remember Prefab Sprout, the bassist was my son's bass guitar lecturer at Music College, Newcastle 2005.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:22 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Does anyone remember The The - Infected. I love that song.

What about Big country and The Alarm - saw both of them in concert. The Pschydelic Furs were good too.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:24 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash1
SPANDAU BALLET, Gold and my favorite Through THe Barricades.
Tony Hadley sung at "The Hastings Beer And Music Festival" 2 years ago, which I helped organize. I thought that I would get to meet him but I sadly didn`t. Also sadly it was a bad idea as we lost money. We were lucky to make a massive recovery the next year by having KEANE , who are from Battle, where I used to live. They were at the G8 concert the next night. AWESOME
Ash

Fashion.........double breasted shirts and those tea towel things that you drape over one shoulder.
Hey Ash ... your number plates isn't "80sBOY" that I saw turning into our street this evening is it?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

I was a mad Erasure fan, saw them in birmingham nov 1986, first concert also sad to say it was a huge Culture Club Fan
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about

Okay here's how sad we are:

Missus loved New Kids on The Block (Who??)

For me apart from MADNESS, BAD MANNERS ETC there was Adam & the Ants (Bought their CD last year again), 5 Star (used to work with Lorraine Pearson - she was a receptionist at our work, now reformed in USA), THE ONE AND ONLY "GREEN DOOR" Shakin Stevens, and my fave who I went to see afew times but no ones remembers them....

Weve got a Fuzzbox and Were Gonna Use It...Pink Pink Sunshine and all that!!!

Those were the days....Remember AHA being number one when I had my first ever leave in the Army.....Old bugga....

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

who remembers kajagoogoo too shy shy shy hush hush who had a hair do like that then
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SarahB

A friend and I chased Madness down a london street once whilst they were filming a video on a topless bus!

Ooooh, what was the single called for the video"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.