Baggage Allowance

Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of
Default Baggage Allowance

Emirates have confirmed if you use the moving planet promotion code you get 50kgs baggage allowance. Trouble is they only fly as far as Aukland. I need to get to Blenheim which will mean booking an internal flight, Air NZ i assume. Will the amount baggage be a problem with them, plus what is the best way to book the internal flight. Wait till i get to Aukland or can you book a flexible ticket which will allow for delays.

Many thanks
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Baggage Allowance

Erm. I would say , yes. You need to check with NZ Air direct and get summat via email.

Why don't you fly into Xchurch with Emirates and then drive to Blenheim.

We have both flown into Christchurch with Emirates. No probs.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at Air NZ baggage info, you only get 1 piece, 25kg each for internal flights so it could be a problem http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/befor...in-baggage.htm

However if you fly Air NZ via the US you get 46kg each and then that luggage allowance stays for any connecting flights booked at the same time "If travellers are on a domestic flight as part of an international ticket, then the international checked baggage allowance applies "

We used the code emigrat**** on the Air Newzealand website to get 15% off, other than that the Flight Centre had some good deals.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MOSO
If you look at Air NZ baggage info, you only get 1 piece, 25kg each for internal flights so it could be a problem http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/befor...in-baggage.htm

However if you fly Air NZ via the US you get 46kg each and then that luggage allowance stays for any connecting flights booked at the same time "If travellers are on a domestic flight as part of an international ticket, then the international checked baggage allowance applies "

We used the code emigrat**** on the Air Newzealand website to get 15% off, other than that the Flight Centre had some good deals.
I can get flight to Aukland with emirate for £2.5k plus cost of internal flight.

Air NZ is coming in at £3.8k. Might be worth paying the excess baggage. Plus emirates goes via Dubai and not L.A. Have got 3 kids in tow 15 12 and 1. The amount of luggage and the kids rules out driving from Christchurch
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice

Originally Posted by nick333
I can get flight to Aukland with emirate for £2.5k plus cost of internal flight.

Air NZ is coming in at £3.8k. Might be worth paying the excess baggage. Plus emirates goes via Dubai and not L.A. Have got 3 kids in tow 15 12 and 1. The amount of luggage and the kids rules out driving from Christchurch
Hi Nick

Have you tried Cathy Pacific. We fly next wednesday from london to Auckland4 people one way (2 adults a 15 and 16 yr old) has cost £1600 but we only get 20 kilos + 10 kilos hand luggage. £1000 difference though you could pay the excess baggage

Mark
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:22 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Okey dokey...

Follow BEVS's advice mate!

If you fly into AKL with Emirates, they'll give your 50KG allowance per pax up to AKL then AirNZ will charge you excess luggage without even blinking an eye... Domestic flights are ruthless...

Emirates flies into CHCH so I would too fly Emirates down to CHCH as this would mean your 50KG allowance per pax will follow till then & just hire car/van to drive to Blenheim... Sweet as!

Emirates have confirmed if you use the moving planet promotion code you get 50kgs baggage allowance. Trouble is they only fly as far as Aukland. I need to get to Blenheim which will mean booking an internal flight, Air NZ i assume. Will the amount baggage be a problem with them, plus what is the best way to book the internal flight. Wait till i get to Aukland or can you book a flexible ticket which will allow for delays.

Many thanks
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You can get the same into Christchurch with Emirates. I know this to be true coz we have done it twice this year. Himself just did this two weeks ago. He4 flies in and out of Christchurch plus internal to Nelson. You would drive to Blenheim.
don't do Auckland please. There is no need.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:20 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to Emirates flying to Christchurch, also remember that they have teamed up with Pacific Blue. So you may well be able to get a flight to Christchurch from Auckland for only a little more but under the same fare rules.

If you do have to take extra luggage you can simply pay for it. Air NZ's is relatively straight forward. The problem is that to fly from CHC to Blenheim they use small planes. So they can't always take your luggage.

Blenheims a small airport though so you often have to pay more for those flights anyway (once the cheap ones go, the other seats are more expensive). If you do decide to book a flight to Blenheim...do not book the seats as needing four tickets (or whatever). The online ticketing options can only give you tickets within the same fare structure. So sometimes it's better to make 2 bookings of 2 seats each for example.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 1:56 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I've just done a random search of Air NZ for an idea of internal flight prices across a random week for 4 adults, 1 infant (up to 23months)

CCH to Blenheim lowest = $620, highest = $952
AKL to Blenheim lowest = $1,112, highest = $1,260

Prices don't include for excess baggage.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:54 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

The excess baggage cost internally is;

1st piece Free
(up to 25kg)

2nd piece $15
(up to 25kg)

3rd piece $50
(up to 25kg) ($65 total for 3 pieces)

Further pieces $150
($215 total for 4 pieces)

per person.

So if you have 50kgs in two bags it'll cost you $15....but be careful 'cause if you have the same 50kgs in 4 bags it'll cost you $215 !

OK so the idea of flying direct to ChCh and driving has merit cost wise BUT .....it's one heck of an ask to fly for over a day and then drive up to Blenheim - I wouldn't want to get in a car after that journey ....

Last edited by Wooly_Cow; Sep 10th 2009 at 2:59 am. Reason: Got the total wrong - gawd it's confusing - added saftey advice
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply with advice. Its appreciated