Baggage Allowance

Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baggage Allowance

For anyone returning to the UK soon:

It's worth contacting the airline you will be travelling with for extra luggage allowance.

Only applies to people emigrating back.

We contacted Singapore Airlines and got an extra 10 kg per person therefore making a total of 30 kg allowed each.

Much needed too as will be carrying Winter clothing back as leaving soon and back to UK Winter!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baggage Allowance

Also worth checking the individual airlines - by dint of simply moving from a Qantas flight to a BA flight we effectively doubled our luggage allowance. I am using frequent flyer points to get home & treating myself to a Business class ticket - Qantas let me have 30kg , BA let me have 3 bags of 23 kg each ! Huge difference - means I can bring my winter woolies home !
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of

hi
when you returning and where you going?
we going soon .going back to bedforshire.for xmas!
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:31 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

We're off on 7th January to Exeter. Schools finished here now, busy packing and finalising things now. Can't wait! My youngest is hoping for Snow.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future

Another little win I came across today - on BA you can get an extra allowance for sporting kit.Thus my son's vast cricket bag, packed to the gunnels with pads/bats etc is allowed on without compromising his normal allowance.

Think it varies from sport to sport but it's explained well by sport on BA's online site.

Not sure what other airlines policies are, but might be worth looking into if anyone's got sports kit to bring home.