Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Back in the UK - update

Back in the UK - update

Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about
Default Back in the UK - update

Hi Everyone,
Am sure some of you will remember me. I recently left Christchurch to return back to Scotland.
Wanted to give a quick update as I had received a few emails from people on here asking how it was going.

So I suppose the main question is do i regret moving back? Well the answer is no. Yes there are times I miss NZ. I miss my friends the most but for us it was the right move. Our baby is due in 6 weeks and we are loving being in the Scottish countryside again.

As much as NZ was not for us at this time of life (or rather Christchurch wasn't) I do believe that if we had been based in Wellington we would maybe never have left. As my hubby is a kiwi, the chances of us returning are pretty high for the future, but not until we make a lot of money. I found NZ to be very very expensive and our bank accounts will take a while to recover...... so am looking forward to my next trip out, in a years time. Looking forward to having some spending power too as we had none when we were there.

All in all, glad we did the year there and look forward to visiting family time and time again and when it comes to retiring, NZ will be very high on the list.

Hope everyone making the move enjoys it and finds it everything you want it to be. Its a special place.

Cheers
Cassa
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in the UK - update

Originally Posted by Cassa
Hi Everyone,
Am sure some of you will remember me. I recently left Christchurch to return back to Scotland.
Wanted to give a quick update as I had received a few emails from people on here asking how it was going.

So I suppose the main question is do i regret moving back? Well the answer is no. Yes there are times I miss NZ. I miss my friends the most but for us it was the right move. Our baby is due in 6 weeks and we are loving being in the Scottish countryside again.

As much as NZ was not for us at this time of life (or rather Christchurch wasn't) I do believe that if we had been based in Wellington we would maybe never have left. As my hubby is a kiwi, the chances of us returning are pretty high for the future, but not until we make a lot of money. I found NZ to be very very expensive and our bank accounts will take a while to recover...... so am looking forward to my next trip out, in a years time. Looking forward to having some spending power too as we had none when we were there.

All in all, glad we did the year there and look forward to visiting family time and time again and when it comes to retiring, NZ will be very high on the list.

Hope everyone making the move enjoys it and finds it everything you want it to be. Its a special place.

Cheers
Cassa
Hi Cassa

So glad to hear from you and that you are happy to be back in Scotland - have you heard how Iona is getting on???

I can't believe that you only have 6 weeks left before the baby arrives!!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun - and the best bit is yet to come!!

Keep in touch and let us know what your bundle of joy is when he/she puts in an appearance won't you...

Love

Caroline
xoxo
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi Cassa

So glad to hear from you and that you are happy to be back in Scotland - have you heard how Iona is getting on???

I can't believe that you only have 6 weeks left before the baby arrives!!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun - and the best bit is yet to come!!

Keep in touch and let us know what your bundle of joy is when he/she puts in an appearance won't you...

Love

Caroline
xoxo
Hello! Mrs Moderator Caroline!

Have not heard from Iona as yet. Emailed her a few weeks ago. I suspect she is back into life with her family in Scotland and hasnt even give us a thought!

I will keep you posted about baby (we found out it is a little girl! So excited)

Hope all is well with you
Love Cx
Old Sep 5th 2005, 4:52 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassa
Hello! Mrs Moderator Caroline!

Have not heard from Iona as yet. Emailed her a few weeks ago. I suspect she is back into life with her family in Scotland and hasnt even give us a thought!

I will keep you posted about baby (we found out it is a little girl! So excited)

Hope all is well with you
Love Cx
Yes, hmmm, Ms Moderator if you don't mind, Mrs makes me sound so old...which I am of course...

If you do hear from Iona, would you be a sweetie and let her know that I'm dying to hear all about her travels and hope she is happy to be home in bonnie Scotland too...

A baby girl...ooooh, my favourite variety!! I don't know what I would have done if I'd had boys!!! Have you picked any names yet??? We had twelve names picked out for our last, spent three weeks dithering and calling her 'baby' and then ended up calling her something that wasn't even on the list!!

You look after yourself and make sure you sleep as much as you can now coz you'll get bugger all once baby arrives!!!

xoxo

Edited just to say:- It's so lovely to hear from you!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Sep 5th 2005 at 4:59 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 5:59 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

hi, I've heard from Iona, shes happy to be home, living with mum and dad, and her car croaked it!!