British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Back to school tomorrow! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/back-school-tomorrow-765017/)

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 15th 2012 3:25 am

Back to school tomorrow!

Can't believe that at the age of 47 I'm heading back to school tomorrow :eek:. Have decided to do a couple of papers at AUT before applying to become a trainee anaesthetic technician.

I'm not too nervous about the Human Anatomy & Physiology paper as I was a midwife for 10 years plus 3 years training but felt I needed a refresher as I'm more familiar with some bits of anatomy than others ;) :lol:.

Rather nervous about the Biophysics, which I'm doing on-line. Last time I did any physics was back in 1980 (& I know some on here weren't even born then!), & I've never got to grips with quantum stuff etc. Hoping my two brain cells meet every now & again.

I'm rather excited about starting something new & hoping that it will make me more settled here. Giving up midwifery & not working for the last 3 years hasn't been easy both financially & emotionally. I loved my career & I would still be practising in the UK but heigh-ho!

Time to move onwards & :fingerscrossed: upwards.

Bo-Jangles Jul 15th 2012 3:44 am

Re: Back to school tomorrow!

Good luck Vital, I hope you make a success of it. Cringing already at the thoughts of what you have to study, I don't have the constitution for dealing with too much information on bodily parts and functions, beyond basics of knowing their names and what they're for. Even then I might struggle some. :lol:

MrsFychan Jul 15th 2012 8:14 am

good luck and hope it turns out to be more enjoyable than a chore

j19fmm Jul 15th 2012 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10172815)
Can't believe that at the age of 47 I'm heading back to school tomorrow :eek:. Have decided to do a couple of papers at AUT before applying to become a trainee anaesthetic technician.

I'm not too nervous about the Human Anatomy & Physiology paper as I was a midwife for 10 years plus 3 years training but felt I needed a refresher as I'm more familiar with some bits of anatomy than others ;) :lol:.

Rather nervous about the Biophysics, which I'm doing on-line. Last time I did any physics was back in 1980 (& I know some on here weren't even born then!), & I've never got to grips with quantum stuff etc. Hoping my two brain cells meet every now & again.

I'm rather excited about starting something new & hoping that it will make me more settled here. Giving up midwifery & not working for the last 3 years hasn't been easy both financially & emotionally. I loved my career & I would still be practising in the UK but heigh-ho!

Time to move onwards & :fingerscrossed: upwards.

Good luck at 'school' x

ragdolls2 Jul 15th 2012 7:43 pm

I'm starting my second paper at Massey today - clinical pharmacology, did the pathophysiology paper last semester. Good luck and enjoy. Are you quizzing wed or studying!!!!!!

BEVS Jul 16th 2012 12:37 am

All the best with this venture VBS. Hope you find it enjoyable and enriching.

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 16th 2012 6:02 am

Thanks all. Well other than the lecturer I was the oldest in the class by some way :rofl: The majority were "straight from school", think the tutorial guy could get on my wick. Talked to everyone as if they were about 5 years old :o.

Ragdolls, I shall be quizing this week, clinical pharmocology sounds interesting. I was hoping Massey did the Anaesthetic technicians course but sadly it's only available at AUT.