Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Back to school tomorrow!

Back to school tomorrow!

Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:25 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Back to school tomorrow!

Can't believe that at the age of 47 I'm heading back to school tomorrow . Have decided to do a couple of papers at AUT before applying to become a trainee anaesthetic technician.

I'm not too nervous about the Human Anatomy & Physiology paper as I was a midwife for 10 years plus 3 years training but felt I needed a refresher as I'm more familiar with some bits of anatomy than others .

Rather nervous about the Biophysics, which I'm doing on-line. Last time I did any physics was back in 1980 (& I know some on here weren't even born then!), & I've never got to grips with quantum stuff etc. Hoping my two brain cells meet every now & again.

I'm rather excited about starting something new & hoping that it will make me more settled here. Giving up midwifery & not working for the last 3 years hasn't been easy both financially & emotionally. I loved my career & I would still be practising in the UK but heigh-ho!

Time to move onwards & upwards.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to school tomorrow!

Good luck Vital, I hope you make a success of it. Cringing already at the thoughts of what you have to study, I don't have the constitution for dealing with too much information on bodily parts and functions, beyond basics of knowing their names and what they're for. Even then I might struggle some.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:14 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good luck and hope it turns out to be more enjoyable than a chore
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Can't believe that at the age of 47 I'm heading back to school tomorrow . Have decided to do a couple of papers at AUT before applying to become a trainee anaesthetic technician.

I'm not too nervous about the Human Anatomy & Physiology paper as I was a midwife for 10 years plus 3 years training but felt I needed a refresher as I'm more familiar with some bits of anatomy than others .

Rather nervous about the Biophysics, which I'm doing on-line. Last time I did any physics was back in 1980 (& I know some on here weren't even born then!), & I've never got to grips with quantum stuff etc. Hoping my two brain cells meet every now & again.

I'm rather excited about starting something new & hoping that it will make me more settled here. Giving up midwifery & not working for the last 3 years hasn't been easy both financially & emotionally. I loved my career & I would still be practising in the UK but heigh-ho!

Time to move onwards & upwards.
Good luck at 'school' x

Last edited by j19fmm; Jul 15th 2012 at 6:21 pm. Reason: sp !
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

I'm starting my second paper at Massey today - clinical pharmacology, did the pathophysiology paper last semester. Good luck and enjoy. Are you quizzing wed or studying!!!!!!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:37 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with this venture VBS. Hope you find it enjoyable and enriching.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:02 am
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. Well other than the lecturer I was the oldest in the class by some way The majority were "straight from school", think the tutorial guy could get on my wick. Talked to everyone as if they were about 5 years old .

Ragdolls, I shall be quizing this week, clinical pharmocology sounds interesting. I was hoping Massey did the Anaesthetic technicians course but sadly it's only available at AUT.