Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Australia better ?

Australia better ?

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

tehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant futuretehori has a brilliant future
Default Australia better ?

Funny, looking at a new immigrant to convictland posts one would believe that Aus is the land of milk and honey.
This tells a rather different story does it not
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartim...1241a6619.html
Of course housing is cheaper in central Aus, but one can forget about having a shower.
Crime in Aus, good god, how strange.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia better ?

sorry. I am kind of fed up with this kind of story. Old news worth repeating?

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 22nd 2008 at 12:48 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:37 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

I have only been on the Australian Expat website once and found it to be sad, a lot of posting appeared unhappy. But this may have just been what was around when I looked. My brother moved to Oz in 1978 and won't even leave the country for a holiday he loves it so much.

Each to their own. I don't like the place. Have visited 3 times and wouldn't have gone the 2nd and 3rd if Bob didn't live their.

Pauline
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
I have only been on the Australian Expat website once and found it to be sad, a lot of posting appeared unhappy. But this may have just been what was around when I looked. My brother moved to Oz in 1978 and won't even leave the country for a holiday he loves it so much.

Each to their own. I don't like the place. Have visited 3 times and wouldn't have gone the 2nd and 3rd if Bob didn't live their.

Pauline
I can see the allure of Oz, spent some time there on my OE in 1990, Great place, loads going for the place methinks. The water issue is a bit scarey but they have Rudd at the helm now..he's bound to do a good rain dance. I loved Oz, BUT its way too big, hot and has too many dangerous inhabitants..not to mention all the tricky wild life...only joking folks!!!!

Just like how some folk feel about NZ, Oz is a great place to visit, but to live full time? Long term give me the All Blacks any day. Differents folks, different strokes?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

at cricket and that's all.....
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:50 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Both have their good and bad points. But money wise Oz is way better. Lived in both NZ and Tassie. There are so many Kiwis moving to Oz. Some Kiwi friends told me they know loads of thier friends are moving too. They are all fed up of NZ. Right from the horses mouth so to speak. I gues what works for your own personal benifits will dictate how you feel whats best. But for me Oz was better.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:48 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tehori
Funny, looking at a new immigrant to convictland posts one would believe that Aus is the land of milk and honey.
This tells a rather different story does it not
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartim...1241a6619.html
Of course housing is cheaper in central Aus, but one can forget about having a shower.
Crime in Aus, good god, how strange.
Never liked Melbourne, Sydney Brisbane and even Adelaide are preferable. Perth is the worst although warmer climate than Melbourne.

Kiwi natives are a lot friendlier than Aussies. Even in Oz, I found the friendly people were the Kiwis who emigrated there. Kiwis prefer the English to the Aussies as well.

That having been said I do prfer Oz as a country, NZ is too quiet. But it's all subjective, each to their own.

Despite Blair/Brown's best effort to ruin the UK (like Helen Clark in NZ) I still prefer blighty overall.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 3:07 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The short answer is "no" but I'll be back later to give my reasons. Can't be bothered at the mo.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assegai
Despite Blair/Brown's best effort to ruin the UK (like Helen Clark in NZ) I still prefer blighty overall.

Me too.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:39 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it's better overall or if one can ever actually make such a judgement. It's certainly better in some aspects and somewhere I plan to live one day, but more than being 'better' or 'worse', it's different. I like new experiences