Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

callum1205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aus visa to nz

Hi folks,
looking for some advice.
I have a perm residence for Aus and a full A grade license to work as
an Electrician. I am not an Aus citizen and I am living in Scotland. I would
now like to move to NZ as I have a chance of a possible job in Christchurch.
Can I live and work in NZ with my Aus visa. Dont think I can but any advice would
be appreciated.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:25 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aus visa to nz

Hello,
If you hold an Australian permanent resident visa then you get issued a NZ Resident visa on arrival at the border.

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1068

You may need to look at occupational registration requirements for NZ

P
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot, it looks quite straightforward. I have an interview arranged with an agency and all going well there could be a job offer. I wanted to make sure the visa was ok first.
I noticed you are living in Christchurch, is there a demand for trades at the moment.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 10:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: aus visa to nz

Originally Posted by callum1205
Can I live and work in NZ with my Aus visa.
Yes, Australian PR becomes NZ PR on arrival in NZ.

However if in the future, after your Aus PR visa had expired, you decided you wanted to return to Aus, your NZ PR would count for nothing and you would have to reapply to enter Aus as if you had never lived there.

Even if you became elegible for NZ citizenship, this does not give you PR in Aus.

So do make sure before you leave Aus for NZ that you have taken this into consideration.

BB
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Even if you became elegible for NZ citizenship, this does not give you PR in Aus.

BB
Sorry off topic

You would have the right to work in Aussie with NZ citizenship?

But not with NZ PR
Old Mar 31st 2014, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies folks, very helpful. I am in Scotland at the moment and have only validated the perm residency visa during a 4 week holiday to Aus. Do I have to reside in Aus for a specific time before heading to NZ.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies folks, very helpful. I am in Scotland at the moment and have only validated the perm residency visa during a 4 week holiday to Aus. Do I have to reside in Aus for a specific time before heading to NZ.
That might be something you could ask on the Aus forum, I don't have any knowledge on their immigration rules.
The link I posted previously does mention Temporary Australian resident visas-does this apply to you?
P
Old Mar 31st 2014, 8:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: aus visa to nz

Originally Posted by gazmac
Sorry off topic

But not with NZ PR
Yes, but with NZ Citizenship you are only a temporary resident in Australia. So you would have still given up all the rights associated with Aus PR.

No.

BB
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 12:01 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be careful entering NZ on an AU residence visa- see this link:

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/5323

Originally Posted by gazmac
Sorry off topic

But not with NZ PR
Yes, but no "right" to residence. Under current legislation you will never, as a NZ citizen, have a pathway to Australian citizenship unless you make an application for residence there using the normal channels. It used to be that NZ citizens had smaller residence application costs (they paid only one of two payments), but I don't know if that has changed.