Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

auckland versus the rest of nz

auckland versus the rest of nz

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:26 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: auckland versus the rest of nz

Think what you like! I know where it is in my garden and I know how lovely and sunny and warm it is down here. I'd have no reason to lie would I!

I just love the way you want to justify to your rationale what some people tell you!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

One of the most bizarre things temp wise we've done was whilst skiing in Megeve, France.

Stopped for lunch at a mountain restuarant and sat outside to eat in the sheltered patio area. We all sat in t-shirts while people skied past on good snow and a thermometer in the sun but tucked away in the corner read well into the 20's.......Heaven
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:33 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Canterbury = hot summers, droughts, cold winters

Auckland = warmer all round climate, bigger population, some decent tropical storms.

Wellington = PERFECT

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:36 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Auckland = warmer all round climate, bigger population, some decent tropical storms.

Wellington = PERFECT

Yeah, perfect if you don't mind the wind, eh?
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Think what you like! I know where it is in my garden and I know how lovely and sunny and warm it is down here. I'd have no reason to lie would I!

I just love the way you want to justify to your rationale what some people tell you!
I'm not suggesteing for one minute any such thing.......

Don't be so touchy.....
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:48 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Yeah, perfect if you don't mind the wind, eh?
Wind ???

It's not been that bad .......................................... yet
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I am Northland born and breed but also lived in ChCh, Auckland and Wellington and I think they all offer quite different lifestyles therefore are hard to compare.

Most anti Auckland comments I hear come from those who have never lived here or those who never ever ventured out to enjoy what the region really has to offer....in fact many comments come from Kiwi's who appear to suffer from "small town syndrome"

We have lived in Auckland for a number of years now and we find there is far more variety at this end of the country. Sure there is no snow but just watch the cars with skis heading off down to Whakapapa when the snowsfields open.

I don't think they anywhere else in NZ can match the Hauraki Gulf and the surrounding Islands for boating and water sports. So if that is what spins your wheels and you venture out you will not regret it.

Equally CHCh and Wellington have their positives but they are quite different ....

Last edited by Bellasmum; Aug 23rd 2007 at 8:54 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:53 pm
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I am Northland born and breed but also lived in ChCh, Auckland and Wellington and I think they all offer quite different lifestyles therefore are hard to compare.

Most anti Auckland comments I hear come from those who have never lived here or those who never ever ventured out to enjoy what the region really has to offer....in fact many comments come from Kiwi's who appear to suffer from "small town syndrome"

We have lived in Auckland for a number of years now and we find there is far more variety at this end of the country. Sure there is no snow but just watch the cars with skis heading off down to Whakapapa when the snowsfields open.

I don't think they anywhere else in NZ can match the Hauraki Gulf and the surrounding Islands for boating and water sports. So if that is what spins your wheels and you venture out you will not regret it.

Equally CHCh and Wellington have their positives but they are quite different ....
On the auckland thing : JT or Willy? I think Willy Jackson is great!

ps
Wellington has had amazingly good weather the last couple of days. Just great.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:05 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Erm so why am I anti Auckland then? Lived in Auckalnd for 6 months went south then realised that Auckland was just the place I was trying to escape from in the UK.

I having a quite chuckle about the comment about Whakapapa and the Skifields, thats where I live I quite like the snow and a little disapointed that we moved from the Southern side of the mountain to an area which snow may come within 10 kms of us. 100 metres lower in Altitude makes a differance to our weather.
But thats what attracted me to the area, Volcanic peaks not many people and snow even in summer.

Why get stuck in a area which is like what you left?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:05 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Erm so why am I anti Auckland then?
dunno, tell us.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 4:35 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
dunno, tell us.
I did you didnt read
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
I did you didnt read
I couldn't work out why you didn't like Auckland.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they anywhere else in NZ can match the Hauraki Gulf and the surrounding Islands for boating and water sports. So if that is what spins your wheels and you venture out you will not regret it....
I don't think there are many places in the world that could match the Hauraki gulf combined with the Auckland climate in terms of water sports. Least of all, on the doorstep of a major city with the employment opportunities it offers
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ted Logan

Wellington = PERFECT

Spot on mate!!!

Except you forgot:

Auckland = seriously crap road system rammed full of cars most of the day! YUK!!!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

dunno about that...

garry travelled into edinburgh every day,traffic was crap..

he travels into aukland city every day(leaves about 6.30)and says its a piece of cake....

used to leave about same time to go into edinburgh,nightmare...
one mans meat is another mans poison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.