Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland University of Technology

Auckland University of Technology

Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Auckland University of Technology

Has anyone had any dealings with AUT at all? I'm starting a couple of courses in July & I don't feel terribly well prepared. I have tried to get some information from them but they seem rather backwards in coming forwards .

I have asked them for details of the course text books & reading lists but haven't heard a thing as yet (I emailed them over a fortnight ago!). Is this normal for AUT? Having dealt with UK Uni's/Polys in the past, I'm used to being bombarded with info.

Alternatively, if anyone can recommend some good textbooks for Biophysics & Human Anatomy & Physiology, that would be great. I do have a copy of Tortora but it's from 1996 & it's very heavy to lug about.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland University of Technology

Yep, I did a course with them as part of my midwifery competencies.
Most of the course was online but the times I did need to interact with them they seemed totally disorganised. Took 3 goes to send me the correct, up to date workbooks then took 3 months to get my final assessment back to me (should have been 3 weeks)

Dont think I'd choose to study with them again if I had the choice.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland University of Technology

Originally Posted by lisamct
Yep, I did a course with them as part of my midwifery competencies.
Most of the course was online but the times I did need to interact with them they seemed totally disorganised. Took 3 goes to send me the correct, up to date workbooks then took 3 months to get my final assessment back to me (should have been 3 weeks)

Dont think I'd choose to study with them again if I had the choice.
I wasn't keen about studying with them (having mentored some midwifery students from there in the past, not an happy experience ) but I want to train as an Anaesthetic Technician & they are the only Uni that does the course up this way.

They were pretty damn quick to get my course fees off me I noticed .

Thanks for confirming what I was beginning to suspect