Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland Universities nearby places to stay!!!

Auckland Universities nearby places to stay!!!

Old Sep 11th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Auckland Universities nearby places to stay!!!

My daughter has applied for degree courses at AUT (Course at North Shore Campus), Unitec (Mt Albert) and Exel Performing Arts (New Lynn). We are visiting at the end of October for the Unitec entry assessment. We want to look at Exel and AUT whilst in the City. Can anyone recommend a nice (and not too expensive) B&B/ Motel/ Hotel near to the Unitec campus where transport to New Lynn and North Shore may not be to difficult. Many thanks!!!
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:03 am
Just Joined

BigStuey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auckland Universities nearby places to stay!!!

Originally Posted by Frenchy
My daughter has applied for degree courses at AUT (Course at North Shore Campus), Unitec (Mt Albert) and Exel Performing Arts (New Lynn). We are visiting at the end of October for the Unitec entry assessment. We want to look at Exel and AUT whilst in the City. Can anyone recommend a nice (and not too expensive) B&B/ Motel/ Hotel near to the Unitec campus where transport to New Lynn and North Shore may not be to difficult. Many thanks!!!
Hmmm. Mt Albert and New Lynn are both served by the Western Line rail link from Britomart.
The North shore doesn't have a rail link but a designated bus only roadway. So to be able to get the best of both worlds I would suggest you look for a BB/hotel/motel near the CBD.
Public Transport is not great in Auckland but nor are the motorways. It's very spread apart and North Shore and New Lynn are considerable commutes.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Many thanks for that. Can anyone recommend a nice little B&B?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
I can't recommend aone but you may find something to suit you here

http://www.bedandbreakfasts.net.nz/s...nd+Polytecnics
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, unitec is not far from New Lynn and the motorway is very close too so as long as you have a car at your disposal you'll be great!
No idea where there are places to stay though..even though i work next to Unitec!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I can't recommend aone but you may find something to suit you here

http://www.bedandbreakfasts.net.nz/s...nd+Polytecnics
Thanks for that great link!!!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:59 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Have just dropped u a message Frenchy

Let me know if I can be of any help