Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland property prices

Auckland property prices

Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all
Default Auckland property prices

I know NZ is expensive property wise however there is modern apartments up for sale $180000 in the city centre. Whats the catch? I thought they were like $500000?
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Auckland property prices

A link would help.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
A link would help.
Q Central Two Bedrooms Split Levels - realestate.co.nz

That is a price is brilliant for Auckland.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is either really high body corporate fees (could be thousands a year) or a possibly leaky building which may require work in the future. Total guess though - I know nothing about the apartment block in your link.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by A Rush And A Push
My guess is either really high body corporate fees (could be thousands a year) or a possibly leaky building which may require work in the future. Total guess though - I know nothing about the apartment block in your link.
What is that maintainence fees? Like ground rent and such?
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

Just did a quick google and another apartment in the same block is listed in the link below. Ground rent (as its leasehold) is over 7k a year, body corp over $3k and rates over $1k. So getting close to $12k a year, another $1k a month it will cost above the asking price
http://https://www.bayleys.co.nz/Listing/Auckland/Auckland/Auckland-Central/1650784

Last edited by A Rush And A Push; Nov 1st 2016 at 9:21 pm. Reason: Add link
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ah right. I thought that was the reason.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shirrom
What is that maintainence fees? Like ground rent and such?
Yes the ground rent is because it's leasehold, not freehold so you're paying rent on the land. The body corp is for stuff like maintenance of the building, general
upkeep, paying staff if there are cleaners etc of communal areas.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

It'll also be blooming noisy living there I reckon. Traffic noise and other people's noise but if you're okay with that! I wouldn't.

All those extras would definitely put me off.
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah those extas are not worth it. An extra 1k a month!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 11:38 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

And only 70 yrs on the lease, if you like musical chairs...you will be surprised how early that effect kicks in...
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's also only 62 m2 about the size of my lounge and therefore likely targetted at students.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

I nearly got caught out by this when i was looking too! They are leasehold.

Another one to watch out for too....

5 Star Living in 'Spencer on Byron" | Trade Me Property

I was tempted by that, then when i went on the Ray White website who are also advertising it, and watched the video, what they don't tell you in the advert is that what you are buying, you can't live in, you can only rent it out.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There's an even bigger issue with Spencer on Byron as it is pretty well known for being a leaky building. I can't stress enough the need to do due diligence and research before considering purchase of any any property - particularly in Auckland

Even apartments in buildings that leak or that require other remediation work are finding buyers - at a price | interest.co.nz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.