Reload this Page >

Auckland night out!

Auckland night out!

Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

rugbydragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auckland night out!

Hey all!

Coming up from Tauranga to AKL for a night out to see the AB's play the Aussies.

Where's the lively pubs / clubs for after the game?! My wife and I are leaving the little fella with friends and are ready for an all nighter kicking up the heels!

Advice welcome!!

Pete.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:22 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Auckland night out!

Get yourself down the Viaduct then onto Boogienites, ENJOY! The atmos at the game will be dreadful though so you will need a boost after!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Cheers Duke,

Am used to Cardiff Arms Park with 75,000 people singing and so I'm steeling myself for quietness!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rugbydragon
Cheers Duke,

Am used to Cardiff Arms Park with 75,000 people singing and so I'm steeling myself for quietness!

Look on the bright side you might be supporting the winning side for a change
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:50 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Cheers Duke, Am used to Cardiff Arms Park with 75,000 people singing and so I'm steeling myself for quietness!
I heard they played some big football games there,
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Yeah - saw some corkers over the years - Man United v Millwall was a good one in the FA Cup final, as was Wales V Italy when we beat them 2-0, not a bad night that one!

Interestingly, when Eden Park is re-developed in time for the World Cup, they need to ensure a sell out for the safety license, and so the first game there will be a soccer match - Brazil or Man United by all accounts.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Hey all!

Coming up from Tauranga to AKL for a night out to see the AB's play the Aussies.

Where's the lively pubs / clubs for after the game?! My wife and I are leaving the little fella with friends and are ready for an all nighter kicking up the heels!

Advice welcome!!

Pete.
The viaduct is a good place to start, then you can work your way up queenstreet, there are a few clubs up there. Ponsonby road has a few places as well...