Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland: Expat Associations (Where?)

Auckland: Expat Associations (Where?)

Old Nov 19th 2006, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

r2d2c3p0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Auckland: Expat Associations (Where?)

Hello,

Could someone please let me know if they are aware of any formal or informal associations of expats in Auckland (pref. Central, East or South).

My fifty-something mother is interested in joining a like-minded group of expats with English sensibilities, to reminice about the old days I guess (not football), but they way things were/are at 'home' in England.

Is anyone aware of such organisations in Auckland? I'm envisaging tea and scones and a natter about the old country...

Would be grateful for any gudiance ... thanks!
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:23 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland: Expat Associations (Where?)

Originally Posted by r2d2c3p0
Hello,

Could someone please let me know if they are aware of any formal or informal associations of expats in Auckland (pref. Central, East or South).

My fifty-something mother is interested in joining a like-minded group of expats with English sensibilities, to reminice about the old days I guess (not football), but they way things were/are at 'home' in England.

Is anyone aware of such organisations in Auckland? I'm envisaging tea and scones and a natter about the old country...

Would be grateful for any gudiance ... thanks!
http://brit.meetup.com/cities/nz/auckland/
Found the address on Google - I have no idea what their meetings are like, maybe someone else has actually been and could let you know. Failing that, she could always start her own group - it would keep her occupied and out of trouble for a while....
Old Nov 20th 2006, 4:27 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
http://brit.meetup.com/cities/nz/auckland/
Found the address on Google - I have no idea what their meetings are like, maybe someone else has actually been and could let you know. Failing that, she could always start her own group - it would keep her occupied and out of trouble for a while....

Sorry, didn't read it properly - they want to start one there, it's not up and running yet. You probably have already looked at that site
Old Nov 20th 2006, 3:57 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very active on meetup.com, I organise 3 groups. If we ever get over there, I'm definitely starting a Brit and US (hubby's American) meetup group for expats.

Meetups are all down to the organiser. Getting people involved and participating can be difficult. Your mum could always *start* that group. When you do that, everyone who has signed up as being interested, will get an automated e-mail that a group now exists, so you don't have to go looking for your first members.