Auckland City FC

Old Dec 15th 2014, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Auckland City FC

I see that the football team Auckland City are in the semi finals of the CWC against San Lorenzo from Argentina

Whilst they'll more than likely get a roasting, it's a huge achievement to get to the semi finals for Auckland given the standard of competition in Oceania. I think its going to pocket them around $2.5 million. That'll help the finances to attract more and more youngsters into playing football

I read somewhere that football is actually the most played sport in New Zealand now by kids. I think the success of the All Whites in South Africa has helped that. The NZ team has got some good players in there, in particular the left winger at a Dutch club - he's a very good footballer

Hopefully the achievement in Morocco will develop even further NZ football and develop the NZ league here. It'll be great to be able to see New Zealand at a standard in 10 years time where they're able to hold their ground. It'll be an achievement if the NZ team regularly qualify for the world cup as well.

Plus another positive is that they don't do the haka before football matches so at least the NZ football fans won't cry to their mummies if say the Italians or the Germans sang during the haka.

Well done Auckland City - enjoy the semi final and in the highly unlikely event you beat them, enjoy being against Ronaldo, Modric, Bale and co.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland City FC

Brilliant stuff from ACFC, i was a regular at Kiwitea St when we lived in Auckland. I'd recommend going to any football loving Brit, great club and a cracking little setup. I saw ACFC easily beat Southern United a month or so back down here in Dunedin, they're easily the best team in the ASB. Head and shoulders above the rest. What impresses me the most about this cup run is half of any winnings gets shared around the other clubs in the league so everyone benefits.

Football has a bright future in NZ.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting story kind of linked to this:

Top Kiwi Google searches of 2014
Top Kiwi Google searches of 2014 | Stuff.co.nz

5 of the top ten google sport searches in NZ are football related. It's fair to say Kiwi's are falling in love with the sport in ever increasing numbers, not that some will admit it though.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Brilliant stuff from ACFC, i was a regular at Kiwitea St when we lived in Auckland. I'd recommend going to any football loving Brit, great club and a cracking little setup. I saw ACFC easily beat Southern United a month or so back down here in Dunedin, they're easily the best team in the ASB. Head and shoulders above the rest. What impresses me the most about this cup run is half of any winnings gets shared around the other clubs in the league so everyone benefits.

Football has a bright future in NZ.
Hope you're right, be good to see the money spread around too.

Next May will see probably the biggest sporting event to be held in NZ with the World u20 Cup, should be a great chance to see quality footy.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

They've taken San Lorenzo into extra time - an incredible effort from them

To try and do a suitable comparison, it's like Chelmsford City taking Manchester City into extra time.
Old Dec 18th 2014, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Outstanding effort by City. I'm well chuffed for em, I bet it the club rooms went mental down in Sandringham when the equaliser went in.