Arrival in Auckland

Wikiposts

Arrival in Auckland

Old Oct 26th 2015, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Gale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arrival in Auckland

Hi Everyone

We arrive in Auckland 10/11/15 2 weeks today. We will be living in Torbay near Browns Bay, have any of you migrated near?

Gale Robinson xx
Old Oct 26th 2015, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrival in Auckland

Hello Gale and welcome to the NZ forum of BE. We're a friendly bunch for the most part though wee tiffs do occur from time to time .

I'm on the Whangaparaoa Peninsula just a little further north and along from Torbay. I do like Torbay and surrounds, though don't often get down there. There are a few members who live in the area on here, no doubt they will pop up in the morning.

So tell us a bit about yourself (yourselves) so we can help you if necessary and also because some of us are nosy

Enjoy your last couple of weeks in the UK (I'm presuming that's where you are coming from) and please feel free to ask any questions. Most of us can remember how exciting but daunting moving to the other side of the world can be.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Gale is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for the response, we have 2 sons a daughter in law who was born in NZ, and a new grandson.

Lee and I are both 52 years young and are migrating to be nearer family, the plan was always to retire in NZ, our gorgeous grandson made us realise life's to short and family time is precious, so we are on our way in 2 weeks.

I currently work in HR and Lee works in bathrooms but fancies a change to get out of the weekend working.

Does anyone visit the International coffee morning in Torbay?

Gale xx
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gale. Hello and welcome (almost) to Torbay. It's a great little place, and nearly summer! It's not everyone's cup of tea..
Originally Posted by Justcol
Torbay is a dull little place surrounded by slightly less dull other places.
Its remarkable in that its such an unremarkable place with nothing going on.
..but a lot of us like it. There was another recent thread about 'Moving to Torbay' that has more info. Pop in for a cuppa if you like when you get here.

Last edited by bearskin; Oct 27th 2015 at 6:16 am. Reason: Additional info