Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Crown or Anglo Pacific

Crown or Anglo Pacific

Old Oct 21st 2015, 10:43 am
Just Joined

freerange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crown or Anglo Pacific

Hi, I wondered if anyone had experience of using either Crown or AP to ship household goods from the UK to NZ?
Any other tips re removals would be great.
ThanksFR
Old Oct 21st 2015, 12:44 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown or Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by freerange
Hi, I wondered if anyone had experience of using either Crown or AP to ship household goods from the UK to NZ?
Any other tips re removals would be great.
ThanksFR
Not sure if this is a help to you but going by what I've heard from people who have shipped to Australia, Crown has the better reputation.
Old Oct 21st 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks paulry.
I also wondered if anyone has used a customs agent/broker in Auckland?
Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

used crown 7 years ago, they were very good
Old Oct 26th 2015, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

Used Pickfords last year, very good.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 8:16 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo as they were the best value for money at the time (3 years ago). They were OK - good picking the stuff up from UK, quick transit time but a bit rubbish at the NZ end. Just took a while for them to sort out delivery so in the end we went and picked our stuff up as it was easier. We only had a few boxes though, not a container. I had enquired with Crown as they have a good reputation but they were far too expensive. I believe their selling point is that they look after your stuff from start to finish, whereas a lot of companies start as Anglo Pacific for example in the UK and then switch to a different company once arrived in your country of choice. Crown don't do this, it's them all the way.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the responses. Have asked for quotes from Pickfords, AP and Crown. Will see where they come out price wise.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I got quotes from Pickford's and crown
Pickford's were dearer and would not move on price. I told crown I would prefer to use them
but, said pickfords had qouted less and Ihad to consider the price, crown then shaved over 500 quid off their price.

Pickford's called me the day before we left and offered to beat crowns price

Try it, they all want your money, Its a competitive business