Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Areas to live in Auckland

Areas to live in Auckland

Old Oct 14th 2007, 11:27 am
Just Joined

figa is a jewel in the roughfiga is a jewel in the roughfiga is a jewel in the roughfiga is a jewel in the roughfiga is a jewel in the rough
Default Areas to live in Auckland

I am sure that this has bee done to death but I really need advice. We are still coming over for a recce in Jan08 and have 10 days to view areas to live. We will be moving over( hopefully) on our own as a mid 40's couple so schools are no problem. We will hopefully have some cash to put down a decent deposit and are moving over for the beaches and outdoor lifestyle. We want a 3 bed modern home that will not need any work doing to it. Neither of us like DIY! The commute to CBD needs to be no more than an hour each way during rush hour preferably. I have looked at Gulf harbour and Orewa areas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:12 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas to live in Auckland

Originally Posted by figa
I am sure that this has bee done to death but I really need advice. We are still coming over for a recce in Jan08 and have 10 days to view areas to live. We will be moving over( hopefully) on our own as a mid 40's couple so schools are no problem. We will hopefully have some cash to put down a decent deposit and are moving over for the beaches and outdoor lifestyle. We want a 3 bed modern home that will not need any work doing to it. Neither of us like DIY! The commute to CBD needs to be no more than an hour each way during rush hour preferably. I have looked at Gulf harbour and Orewa areas. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
you might be stretching the CBD at "no more than 1 hr" at "rush hour" for Gulf Harbour, about right for Orewa (depends on what rush hour is and how flexible you can be). Both are good for the beaches mind. There's always the North Shore but its a faster pace of life and not massively closer. Lots of people live out west and sout-east, where in the CBD are you headed??