Reload this Page >

Areas to consider in Tauranga

Areas to consider in Tauranga

Old Oct 13th 2019, 11:36 am
Just Joined

UKTONZ2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Areas to consider in Tauranga

Hi guys
so I've been following this forum for a while.
Ive just accepted an offer for a role in Tauranga.

My question i have, I have three children 12,10,5 can you guys advice me on which areas we should avoid for schools etc.

I've heard good things for pyes pa ??
thanks

Last edited by UKTONZ2019; Oct 13th 2019 at 11:51 am.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas to consider in Tauranga

Originally Posted by UKTONZ2019
Hi guys
so I've been following this forum for a while.
Ive just accepted an offer for a role in Tauranga.

My question i have, I have three children 12,10,5 can you guys advice me on which areas we should avoid for schools etc.

I've heard good things for pyes pa ??
thanks
Hi,
In all honesty there aren't any schools to avoid. We've lived in Tauranga for 5 years and haven't heard any major bad things about any school.
You do know that Primary and some Intermediate schools are zoned ?
To guarantee a place in a school of choice you need to live in the enrollment zone for that school or it is unlikely you'd get a place. You can apply for an out of zone place but you'd be bottom of the queue as a migrant family from overseas.

When you mention you've heard good things about Pyes Pa do you mean the area or the school ? Pyes Pa is a huge area and you can live in Suburbia, Semi Rural or Rural depending on how far out you go. Pyes Pa Primary school is way way out of town and a rural school situated on SH36 for Rotorua otherwise there are two very good private schools Aquinas and ACG. Both are fee paying schools circa $20k per year per child I think.