Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:37 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

What's to stop them being done by family, in the UK and then posted on to you??
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:28 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirplug
I'm guessing nothing to stop you doing that? Do you mean to post them with photo's back to family and they send them off in the UK and then post them back to you in NZ?

Can anyone provide the difference in $ vs GBP to do this? My two youngest need both UK and NZ replacements passports?! Groan ...
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Mine will be a first time passport, which means attending an interview if done in the UK

Not sure whether or not renewals could get away with it - maybe
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:09 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to renew whilst on holiday in the UK - they immediately knew I wasn't a 'UK resident' and refused to renew - directing me to do it in Australia via NZ!

It's much cheaper in the UK but they may know you don't live there (although I used my Mum's address I guess they checked immigration records or something).

Mine took only 15 days from Aus.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:32 pm

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking
I tried to renew whilst on holiday in the UK - they immediately knew I wasn't a 'UK resident' and refused to renew - directing me to do it in Australia via NZ!

It's much cheaper in the UK but they may know you don't live there (although I used my Mum's address I guess they checked immigration records or something).

Mine took only 15 days from Aus.
Did you have to pay up front and lose the cash when they refused or did they refund your payment, with the refusal? We lived with my Mum for 3 months, before coming over here, so, hopefully we won't refused....
Old Nov 17th 2011, 6:31 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have to pay up front and lose the cash when they refused or did they refund your payment, with the refusal? We lived with my Mum for 3 months, before coming over here, so, hopefully we won't refused....
I lived with my Mum too, made no difference, they were adamant that as an overseas resident I had to apply through the right channels. Lost the fee (90 quid?) and also they kept the passport. That meant I had to do a 'Lost or Stolen' application for my renewal and it was a pain in the bum. Lots of extra ID and forms.

I'd not risk it again. Double fees are painful!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by tking
I lived with my Mum too, made no difference, they were adamant that as an overseas resident I had to apply through the right channels. Lost the fee (90 quid?) and also they kept the passport. That meant I had to do a 'Lost or Stolen' application for my renewal and it was a pain in the bum. Lots of extra ID and forms.

I'd not risk it again. Double fees are painful!
Thanks. Will follow the right channels!!