British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anyone near Somerfield, Christchurch? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-near-somerfield-christchurch-719267/)

geordielasstoo Jun 1st 2011 11:42 pm

Anyone near Somerfield, Christchurch?

Hi, Husband at work, kids at school (girls aged 9 & 13) and bored with staying at home. Anyone fancy meeting up? Been here since 31st March and needing something other than housework to do. Maybe a bit of adult conversation and a laugh with a few other like minded people would do the trick? I take the dog to the dog park at Victoria Park daily if anyone else goes there?

Persephone Jun 2nd 2011 12:19 am

Re: Anyone near Somerfield, Christchurch?

Hi, is Hornby near enough?
I have got a horrendous amount of work on for this month so am not able to arrange anything for now. All I seem to be doing is working and sleeping at the moment:sneaky:
Maybe we could organise a meetup when I'm free. There are a few of us on here but we've not managed to get anything arranged as yet.
From a Darlo lass!

geordielasstoo Jun 4th 2011 9:21 am

I've replied to Joshlin who seems to be trying to organise something so might see you there. Thanks

sandra arnott Jun 27th 2011 1:44 am

Originally Posted by geordielasstoo (Post 9403905)
Hi, Husband at work, kids at school (girls aged 9 & 13) and bored with staying at home. Anyone fancy meeting up? Been here since 31st March and needing something other than housework to do. Maybe a bit of adult conversation and a laugh with a few other like minded people would do the trick? I take the dog to the dog park at Victoria Park daily if anyone else goes there?

Hi i live in Rolleston and i work nights but im up by 1pm usually so you are more than welcome to call for coffee if you like

alanmacc Jun 27th 2011 3:34 am

Originally Posted by sandra arnott (Post 9458858)
Hi i live in Rolleston and i work nights but im up by 1pm usually so you are more than welcome to call for coffee if you like

Hi

We are in Rolleston too my OH works a couple of days a week though and I slave away all week :( one wee girl 6y/o

sandra arnott Jun 27th 2011 3:54 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 9458943)
Hi

We are in Rolleston too my OH works a couple of days a week though and I slave away all week :( one wee girl 6y/o

Nice place to live and it's growing in size we live Goulds rd and i love it

alanmacc Jun 27th 2011 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by sandra arnott (Post 9458960)
Nice place to live and it's growing in size we live Goulds rd and i love it

your wayyyy out in the country ........ goulds road .... or so some of those city folk would say lol

It is indeed growing with the countdown being built and once that is built New World will close and reopen as a Pak and Save, then next we have our swimming pool .......... its growing at a rate of knots and I still love it

sandra arnott Jun 27th 2011 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 9460563)
your wayyyy out in the country ........ goulds road .... or so some of those city folk would say lol

It is indeed growing with the countdown being built and once that is built New World will close and reopen as a Pak and Save, then next we have our swimming pool .......... its growing at a rate of knots and I still love it

Yes i believe the swimming pool is going to be over the road from me great

alanmacc Jun 28th 2011 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by sandra arnott (Post 9460917)
Yes i believe the swimming pool is going to be over the road from me great

Ohhhh get you in the big posh houses accross from the dog park .......... lol :)

sandra arnott Jun 29th 2011 12:21 am

Originally Posted by alanmacc (Post 9463289)
Ohhhh get you in the big posh houses accross from the dog park .......... lol :)

Ha Ha Dont know about posh,all the houses here are posh to me just glad i get to see people passing with there dogs or i would got stir crazy