Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved from the US to New Zealand

Anyone moved from the US to New Zealand

Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Teremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really niceTeremok is just really nice
Default Anyone moved from the US to New Zealand

I have three children 5/10/12 that will need to integrate into the NZ school system and have been trying to obtain information on how both school systems compare.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:54 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone moved from the US to New Zealand

Originally Posted by Teremok
I have three children 5/10/12 that will need to integrate into the NZ school system and have been trying to obtain information on how both school systems compare.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Should fit right in mate, they teach much the same stuff. Depending on where you live you may need to be careful about school zones etc. to make sure your kids get into a good school (rated on a Socio-Economic Decile Bands: Linky).

You'll fine the system pretty easygoing, there is little emphasis on academic performance as university places etc. are based on a bar rather than competitive places (though that depends on the course).

Good luck, I know a few Americans that have moved here and they seem happy enough .