Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Mellons Bay / Howick area?

Anyone in Mellons Bay / Howick area?

Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

ldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Mellons Bay / Howick area?

Hi all. We have been here for 1 year and live in Mellons Bay. I work in the City and hubby is a property developer and also looks after the children (nearly 4 and 5). We are still finding it very difficult to settle in and make new friends. It doesn't help that I work full time and the school mums are not that keen to interact with hubby (being a man and all that).
I would love to hear from others in the area and hear your experiences of settling in. Thanks.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone in Mellons Bay / Howick area?

Does he play any golf?
Old May 1st 2008, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Katmat will become famous soon enoughKatmat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ldwilliams
Hi all. We have been here for 1 year and live in Mellons Bay. I work in the City and hubby is a property developer and also looks after the children (nearly 4 and 5). We are still finding it very difficult to settle in and make new friends. It doesn't help that I work full time and the school mums are not that keen to interact with hubby (being a man and all that).
I would love to hear from others in the area and hear your experiences of settling in. Thanks.
Hi, I live near you (near McLeans College), and have a 9 and 7 year old. Have been here 15 months and have settled really well (with a few ups and downs!). I have just started working p/t, and we recently bought a house. Carol from this site is interested in organising a get together soon for East Auckland people- it would be great to have a meet-up as there seem to be a few new people about. Let me know if you fancy a coffee sometime.

Sharon
Old May 1st 2008, 1:34 am
Just Joined

ldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant futureldwilliams has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone in Mellons Bay / Howick area?

Hi Sharon, coffee would be great. Not sure what the rules are for posting contact details on this site - just found it today, so let me know what to do next. Thanks, Lynda
Old May 1st 2008, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lynda,Jacky and Garry here,we are in cockle bay,just up the road from you..we regularly have get togethers either for coffee,or for a drink at weekend(kids welcome)usually at someones house....will be due another get together soon,give you a shout when it comes up,will pm you my address and phone number...

there are a few of us on here that meet up regularly,can't believe you have been here all this time and we havn't met up...will get in touch with the usual crowd and see what we can get arranged so you can meet everyone...can't have you sitting alone at weekends when theres a get together on...nothing outragous mind,just drinks and a laugh,and the kids can play...Jacky
Old May 1st 2008, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Hi Jacky, thanks for your message. We loved Cockle Bay when we first arrived and just lost out on a house there. It would be great to meet up at the next get together. Hubby a lot more unsettled than I am and has recently started murmuring about "going home", so any help would be gratefully received!

To teambwr47 - no he doesn't play golf unfortunately. But he loves his footie and supports Tottenham and Man U.
Old May 1st 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by teambwr47
Does he play any golf?
Hi i Just checked your profile ,see you came from wales we spent the five years befor we came here in Aberystwyth ,its a lovely relaxing place .We moved up from Barnet North London as it was getting too stressfull what with running a business and all. Im also a man of leisure i do some gardening work and do up properties to sell so plenty of free time in between
Old May 3rd 2008, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Just an idea when we first came over we spent time together and hubby went on a school trip and got to know some of the parents from our sons class that way.That seemed to break the ice.

Karen