Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in BOP??

Anyone living in BOP??

Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone living in BOP??

Are there any expats living in the BOP/Tauranga region??

Would really like to chat to people already there, and let you all know what your in for when we arrive.....

Seriously though, need to know about schools and stuff.

Nici
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:37 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone living in BOP??

Originally Posted by kato33
Yes, you will see them cruising the footpaths with their zimmer frames. It's the wrinklie capital of New Zealand. Winston Peters and florid-faced National MPs are big there. If your age is slightly less than nearly deceased you'll be considered a youngster.

Old Apr 26th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Yes, you will see them cruising the footpaths with their zimmer frames. It's the wrinklie capital of New Zealand. Winston Peters and florid-faced National MPs are big there. If your age is slightly less than nearly deceased you'll be considered a youngster.

34 going on 54 with all the kids in tow.

How nice to be called a youngster.......LOL
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:23 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

34 going on 54 with all the kids in tow.

How nice to be called a youngster.......LOL
There's quite a few of us here don't worry!! I'm not online yet so relying on Starbucks, but you can pm me if you like and I'll try and help. Only been here 3 weeks but so far soooooo good!! Oh and I have 4 kids a hubby and 2 dogs in tow!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Would really like to chat to people already there, and let you all know what your in for when we arrive.....

Nici
Been here 6 years and no zimmer frame yet. Kids are almost grown up now - 2 at Uni 1 still at school. Feel free to PM.

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
There's quite a few of us here don't worry!! I'm not online yet so relying on Starbucks, but you can pm me if you like and I'll try and help. Only been here 3 weeks but so far soooooo good!! Oh and I have 4 kids a hubby and 2 dogs in tow!
Woohooo!!

Finally. Thought I was going to be living with the near dead by the other reply. LOL

I also have 4 of the things they call kids.......rather have 4 dogs but hey ho, never mind.

PM coming across.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

been here for 5 months and lovin it. Got 2 kids , 8 and 12 also lovin it. I don`t know where the OAP thing has come from, we feel as though Tauranga has a really good mix of ages. Our experiences so far have been good ones and don`t look back at all. Feel free to PM and my wife and I will gladly find out anything you need. Don`t worry about meeting other pomme`s, they are everywhere!!
All the best
Ashley
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

been here for 15 months (also from essex) never thought life could be so great. Never a dull moment, great place to live, friendly people, lively or quiet you choose. So much for the kids and parents to see and do and all on your doorstep. PM me if you need any info or help

Rich
Old Apr 28th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Nici
Hi Kato

We have been here in the BOP for 14 months and are loving it!

Drop me a PM if you need any advice

Paul