Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Old Mar 7th 2006, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Originally Posted by Boopy
I have experience in 2 specialities and so different. Oncology/Chemotherapy & Drug & Alcohol.
Hi

We are in process of applying with hope to go to Tauranga. We are expecting to be ITA'd any time soon.

We are both nurses and have practically got jobs!

Got telephone interview on thursday evening. Hubbie sent CV to same hospital. my advice is go on line to BOPHB (health board) they have lists of vacancies with job specs/descriptions but also contacts to email in the hospital.

We emailed our current working areas and they replied really promptly with suggestions of what to apply for.

I believe that it may speed up visa process as well if you secure a position?

Nick
Old Mar 8th 2006, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Squidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really niceSquidge is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone living in the Bay of Plenty

Hi Nick & Charlie

We have a JR/Springer he is 14 years old, we used a kennels down in Southampton to ship him called Chilworth Kennels, they were very good, in fact excellent with him. He was with them for 4 weeks in keneels where theyorganised the veterinary work, crate and transport; this was a total cost of £2k.

Yes you are right its not a cheap exercise.

We picked him up from Auckland airport as there is no quarrantine if all the vet work is upto date.

I spent a number of months looking into places that would ship etc; you must have the veterinary work, including blood tests, done during the 3 weeks before the dog leaves and he must travel via the States which is normally Air New Zealand, otherewise they will quarrantine him in NZ.

Speak to your own vet and they should be able to advise you or look on the internet

www.maf.govt.nz

under .... /biosecurity/imports/animals

Once the dog arrives in Auckland you have to pay for admin fees and biosecurity/clearance certificates extra to the shipping costs.

It sounds daunting but believe me the hardest thing was seeing the dog look totally jet lagged and totally out of sorts and in our case a lot thinner.

It is a costly exercise but I would not have left him behind for all the tea in china, you just have to make sure that he is fit and healthy and that you are staying in NZ for his lifetime because to take him back to UK would definately mean 6 months quarrantine.

If I can be of anymore assistance please let me know, my e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Regards, Sharron

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Can you tell me about your experienece with your dog. we hope to move over to BOP with our Old English Sheepdog and would appreciate any advice/tips rough costs etc.

Nick and Charlie