Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Levin?

Anyone live in Levin?

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

kitti is on a distinguished road
Smile Anyone live in Levin?

We're currently in Waikanae but are thinking of going further out that way. What do you think? I know it's meant to be boring and dull, but we have small children, so that sounds great to me. Husband commutes to Welly so we'd have to get a 2nd car and it'd add about 30 mins, but would it be worth it for the lower house prices?

Advice please! Thanks.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Levin?

Hi Kitti, we down at Pukerua Bay and know a few people in Paraparamu, Raumati and Waikanae. Know of one lady that lived in Levin but they moved up to Fielding, they have a life style block.

Personally the commute into Wellington would mean it is to far to go, especially if the road works go ahead SH1 is going to be a nightmare.

What are you other reasons to move to somewhere that you think would be more rural do you not like Waikanae?, would of been my choice if husband didn't work in Kaoiri.

Off topic couple of us meeting up next Tuesday in Paraparamu if you fancy popping along
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:07 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

We have been known to stop in Levin a couple of times en-route to Wellington. Didn't seem to bad to me. It's what I call a 'straight line town' by that I mean it's got a long straight line high street and not a great deal else to offer. On the eye at least. House prices in Levin ? I have no idea !

I worked with someone who lived in Levin prior to leaving for the UK and commuted to Feilding and back each day albeit in a car share with another person who did the Levin to Feilding commute by car.

I live in Wanganui. It's a two and half hour drive from Wellington.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mrs Fychan, a meet-up sounds great, but still got the kids for the holidays. Forgot about the roadworks.... lol

We love Waikanae, just the house prices are quite attractive. Husband has a friend who lives up there. I've been up a few times and thought it was OK, but a bit of local knowledge always helps!

Another friend said there was quite a lot of gang representation and a high crime rate, but then someone else says it's not bad.

I do like Waikanae very much though. Location, location, location!
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:44 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitti
Hi Mrs Fychan, a meet-up sounds great, but still got the kids for the holidays.
Yep got the kids also so you're more than welcome to come along, send me a PM and we can sort it out
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi, can't pm you as I'm too new on here. Ummm... can you PM me at all?
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:52 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitti
Hi, can't pm you as I'm too new on here. Ummm... can you PM me at all?
You should be able to PM now that you have made 3 posts.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Aha! Thank you.