Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in East Auckland?

Anyone in East Auckland?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Katmat will become famous soon enoughKatmat will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone in East Auckland?

Hello, I posted on here a few months back before our big move, so it seems strange to be looking at this site now we are here. I'm still getting used to everything, but all in all so far so good. Our kids have settled into school really well, which is a relief. Are there any other members living in East Auckland? It would be good to get in touch with some people.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in East Auckland?

Originally Posted by Katmat
Hello, I posted on here a few months back before our big move, so it seems strange to be looking at this site now we are here. I'm still getting used to everything, but all in all so far so good. Our kids have settled into school really well, which is a relief. Are there any other members living in East Auckland? It would be good to get in touch with some people.
Hiya, whereabouts are you?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hiya, whereabouts are you?
Hi Sarah. I'm in Bucklands Beach. We drove out to Beachlands a few weeks ago, I was really taken with the area, but its just a bit too far for my partner to travel into Auckland. We really like it here, though house prices are higher than we thought- the most basic house on the peninsula is $600k+.

How long have you been in Beachlands?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya... we arrived in NZ in June 05, stayed in St Johns for 2 weeks with his boss, then moved to South Auckland, took us 3 days to work out that wasnt for us and moved out to Beachlands 3 weeks later. Initially my OH moaned about the drive into work but now he appreciates living out here and doesnt mention it anymore. Even a one bedroom bach that needs bulldozing is $400k+ here, it the land thats important, as Beachlands was originally divided into 1/4 acre plots and they are still sought after. We have now got used to the drive into town, I can get to Botany in just over 1/4 hour. We like it here, got a couple of beaches walking distance from our house and OH is now a volunteer fire fighter which he loves. We keep a horse on Clifton Peninsular and I get to ride round the mangroves and on the beaches/estuary down there which is great.

How old are your kids? I have a little lad whos 3 and a 13 week old baby girl.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 2:36 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah. I'm in Bucklands Beach. We drove out to Beachlands a few weeks ago, I was really taken with the area, but its just a bit too far for my partner to travel into Auckland. We really like it here, though house prices are higher than we thought- the most basic house on the peninsula is $600k+.

How long have you been in Beachlands?
What school? not Macleans?

Are you near Pinero Place?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Zak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really nice

Hi, We are in Cockle Bay, just 10 minutes from where you are
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Hiya... we arrived in NZ in June 05, stayed in St Johns for 2 weeks with his boss, then moved to South Auckland, took us 3 days to work out that wasnt for us and moved out to Beachlands 3 weeks later. Initially my OH moaned about the drive into work but now he appreciates living out here and doesnt mention it anymore. Even a one bedroom bach that needs bulldozing is $400k+ here, it the land thats important, as Beachlands was originally divided into 1/4 acre plots and they are still sought after. We have now got used to the drive into town, I can get to Botany in just over 1/4 hour. We like it here, got a couple of beaches walking distance from our house and OH is now a volunteer fire fighter which he loves. We keep a horse on Clifton Peninsular and I get to ride round the mangroves and on the beaches/estuary down there which is great.

How old are your kids? I have a little lad whos 3 and a 13 week old baby girl.
Hi Sarah, I have a boy aged 8 and a girl 6. You certainly have your hands full! How is the baby, are you getting any sleep!?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Zak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really niceZak and Sandie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zak and Sandie
Hi, We are in Cockle Bay, just 10 minutes from where you are
We have three children aged 7,8 & 9 and have lived in this area for 2 years this month. Originally we came from Leicestershire.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
What school? not Macleans?

Are you near Pinero Place?
we are in zone for mcleans, though my kids are too young for there for a while.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zak and Sandie
We have three children aged 7,8 & 9 and have lived in this area for 2 years this month. Originally we came from Leicestershire.
Hi zak & Sandie, I like Cockle Bay, nice beach & playground. Are your kids at the primary there?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Hi zak & Sandie, I like Cockle Bay, nice beach & playground. Are your kids at the primary there?
Yes they are and it's a good school, my kids like it and the grounds are nice too, good view of the bay. We are happy with the school and we love living in Cockle BAy
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:42 am
Just Joined

We are able to find a house with almost a quarter of an acre and a lot of Cockle bay is Heritage Zone so you can't subdivide. My kids need a agrden
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Do you kids go to Bucklands Beach Primary or to Mellons Bay?
We rented in Cockle Bay for the first five months. We liked it and so we stayed here.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sarah, I have a boy aged 8 and a girl 6. You certainly have your hands full! How is the baby, are you getting any sleep!?
Hiya... yes I do get some sleep thanks!! Would you believe me if I said this little girly sleeps up to 11 hours every night and even at 8 weeks old was sleeping 9 or 10 hours. I had a good sleeper first time around but shes even better than he was!! Shes pretty easy going and likes to smile at everybody... I took DS to the park this afternoon and bubba just sat on my knee quite happily watching the world go by. Everyone told me I wouldnt be lucky and have a second easy baby....luckily they were wrong

Maybe we should have an East Auckland get together??
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Hiya... yes I do get some sleep thanks!! Would you believe me if I said this little girly sleeps up to 11 hours every night and even at 8 weeks old was sleeping 9 or 10 hours. I had a good sleeper first time around but shes even better than he was!! Shes pretty easy going and likes to smile at everybody... I took DS to the park this afternoon and bubba just sat on my knee quite happily watching the world go by. Everyone told me I wouldnt be lucky and have a second easy baby....luckily they were wrong

Maybe we should have an East Auckland get together??
I would definitely be up for a get together. Any others?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.