Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Cheviot/ North Canterbury area?

Anyone in Cheviot/ North Canterbury area?

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:58 am
Just Joined

belsim06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Cheviot/ North Canterbury area?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so just started searching for contacts in the Cheviot / North Canterbury area. Is anybody out there?!

My husband and I have recently moved to Cheviot and would love to meet up with some people for pub evenings/ meals/ sport etc. We both work away in the week but it would be great to meet some friendly faces at weekends.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:40 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Cheviot/ North Canterbury area?

Originally Posted by belsim06
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so just started searching for contacts in the Cheviot / North Canterbury area. Is anybody out there?!

My husband and I have recently moved to Cheviot and would love to meet up with some people for pub evenings/ meals/ sport etc. We both work away in the week but it would be great to meet some friendly faces at weekends.

Sorry belsim but no help to you, Cheviot is lovely ( was there yesterday, on the way back South and had to stop for coffee!!) It's always struck me as being a very community minded place. I actually made a comment to one of my lot in the car, that I wouldn't mind retiring somewhere like Cheviot!!

Are there any sports teams you could maybe get involved in or pick one of the cafes to become your 'regular' on a Sunday maybe?

Best of Luck
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Cheviot/ North Canterbury area?

Originally Posted by belsim06
Hi,

We are North Canty but Cheviot is about an hour away from us. Usually a pass through place on the way to kaikoura. Seems to take ages to get there. Sorry not much help, but do you like it there and what made you settle there. Can't say I have ever stopped in Chevy even for a loo break LOL!!!