Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone In Auckland?

Anyone In Auckland?

Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

katefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant future
Smile Anyone In Auckland?

Hey

Just moved here, dont know where anything is or anyone here (yet!) just wondering if anyone was in the same position or if anyone had any advice on settling in and meeting people?

Cheers
Kate
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone In Auckland?

Originally Posted by katefox
Hey

Just moved here, dont know where anything is or anyone here (yet!) just wondering if anyone was in the same position or if anyone had any advice on settling in and meeting people?

Cheers
Kate
Hey katefox, I'm here in JAFAland, welcome. I'm pretty new and am finding my feet, starting to make friends at work helps a lot. I found meetup.com and am meeting expats on st. georges day if interested. I hope you're enjoying your new city. I work in DCCM ACH as a nurse, PM me if you would like a chat away from the forum.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

katefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant futurekatefox has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by owen
Hey katefox, I'm here in JAFAland, welcome. I'm pretty new and am finding my feet, starting to make friends at work helps a lot. I found meetup.com and am meeting expats on st. georges day if interested. I hope you're enjoying your new city. I work in DCCM ACH as a nurse, PM me if you would like a chat away from the forum.
Hi

When is st. georges day?! Im finding it ok, pretty lonely though at the moment. I work in a private practice so there arent that many people to meet, easier in a hospital I guess.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

St Georges Day is on the 23rd of April. There is a St Georges day celebration in Auckland (see the attached flyer).

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails Anyone In Auckland?-st_gs_day_flyer%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nero
St Georges Day is on the 23rd of April. There is a St Georges day celebration in Auckland (see the attached flyer).

Hope this helps
Yeah this is the one^^^^^^

http://brit.meetup.com/264/calendar/7687738/
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:18 am
Just Joined

snakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the roughsnakajack is a jewel in the rough

Hey Kate

I have been in Auckland for just over a year. Have had a great time. It definitely takes a while to not feel like a "newey". I came here with my little girl and so i wasn't working at first, but have done over the past few months and it is a great way of meeting new people. Getting out and about and exploring Auckland makes you feel so lucky to be able to experience living over here. I especially love all parks, the freedom of space and of course sushi everywhere!
good luck..........