Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any social workers?

Any social workers?

Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:34 pm
MRJ

Pampellone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any social workers?

i have just been offered a job with Child, Youth, Family Service at the Waitakere Office. The relocation package is poor and they are offering $44,000 in wages. I am not alone - I have a husband and 3 children. We would love to hear from any social workers who have worked or are working in nz. the employers want me to start work in the new year, but I am scared to make the ultimate discission of these wages. Any thoughts please?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any social workers?

Originally Posted by Pampellone
i have just been offered a job with Child, Youth, Family Service at the Waitakere Office. The relocation package is poor and they are offering $44,000 in wages. I am not alone - I have a husband and 3 children. We would love to hear from any social workers who have worked or are working in nz. the employers want me to start work in the new year, but I am scared to make the ultimate discission of these wages. Any thoughts please?

Hello
Unfortunately the wages for social workers is not great in NZ.

Will send you a PM.
Gill
Old Nov 28th 2005, 1:26 am
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

i think that is a very good wage compared to other wages in nz. my dad was a social worker for a while and he hasnt found any other jobs with a salary to match.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:40 pm
MRJ

Pampellone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silvermuse
i think that is a very good wage compared to other wages in nz. my dad was a social worker for a while and he hasnt found any other jobs with a salary to match.

wow that is the first positive comment I have read in a while about the wages in nz. Thanks for that we have been very worried that the Service may be under paying. Why did your dad give up social work?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:26 pm
Isle of Wight Chick

silvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant futuresilvermuse has a brilliant future

he got a job as an immigration warrant officer up in wellington. social work just wasnt his thing.