Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Any recruitment consultants want a job in ChCh?!

Any recruitment consultants want a job in ChCh?!

Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:53 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any recruitment consultants want a job in ChCh?!

Got to work this morning, sat down with my 2 work colleagues - one of who is already leaving to move to Welly - only to be told by the other that she would also be handing her notice in to move on to another job!

So, the great team of 3 will soon be... erm.... me. On my Jack. Bugger. Just hope they don't close the office now, as we've been doing brilliantly!

Ah well, the boss just told us about a 'Team Leader' role that is available, so if I apply for - and get - that job, then at least I can lead myself.

So if anyone wants to come and keep me company as an industrial recruitment consultant here in chilly ChCh, then feel free to PM me. Seriously!

I do have to ask myself though - is it me? Am I destined to work alone due to some personal <ahem > problem that no one has told me about...?

I do hope not......
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any recruitment consultants want a job in ChCh?!

Hubbys looking for a job, will send him in tomorrow
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:58 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Staar
Hubbys looking for a job, will send him in tomorrow
Sweet! Send him with beer - I could really do with one, and I'm sure he'll go to the top of the application pile

And to give you guys a flavour:

http://www.seek.co.nz/users/apply/in...&JobID=9941207

Last edited by Wiz'n'Ton; Jul 17th 2007 at 10:00 am.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough

Will do , only slight problem is he's in the building trade, so no actual experience...
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Staar
Will do , only slight problem is he's in the building trade, so no actual experience...
Beer overcomes all experience, believe me!

How do you think I got the job?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Got to work this morning, sat down with my 2 work colleagues - one of who is already leaving to move to Welly - only to be told by the other that she would also be handing her notice in to move on to another job!

So, the great team of 3 will soon be... erm.... me. On my Jack. Bugger. Just hope they don't close the office now, as we've been doing brilliantly!

Ah well, the boss just told us about a 'Team Leader' role that is available, so if I apply for - and get - that job, then at least I can lead myself.

So if anyone wants to come and keep me company as an industrial recruitment consultant here in chilly ChCh, then feel free to PM me. Seriously!

I do have to ask myself though - is it me? Am I destined to work alone due to some personal <ahem > problem that no one has told me about...?

I do hope not......
I'd change your aftershave hun
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I'd change your aftershave hun
I think it is the inapproriate sexual advaces he makes, that's just toward the boys.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 2:15 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

How would you know bro69!!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:28 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hay. I'm getting worried now cos he keeps coming into my office for a coffee
Gona keep my door locked from now on
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:39 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
Hay. I'm getting worried now cos he keeps coming into my office for a coffee
Gona keep my door locked from now on

Wiz

Are you still there?????

You're being unusually quiet hun
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:49 am

Wiz

Are you still there?????

You're being unusually quiet hun
Aye - still here. Desperately trying to come up with some comeback to bloody bro69 and failing miserably. Bugger him to hell. erm... I mean damn... yes, that's right, damn him to hell!

I am quiet cos I am akshully working when at work. Now, I know that sounds odd, but what can I say. I recently read Gordon Ramsay's biography and, love him or hate him, he really has worked for what he has achieved. It has inspired me. I surf for about 5 mins a day now, rather than 5 hrs, and the results I've seen have inspired me even more.

I'll run the bloody office on my own (unless Staar's OH turns up with the promised beer ) and make it a success.

'Someone's problem is someone else's business opportunity'.

This time next year Rodders, miwlyonnaires...
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:58 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Aye - still here. Desperately trying to come up with some comeback to bloody bro69 and failing miserably. Bugger him to hell. erm... I mean damn... yes, that's right, damn him to hell!

I am quiet cos I am akshully working when at work. Now, I know that sounds odd, but what can I say. I recently read Gordon Ramsay's biography and, love him or hate him, he really has worked for what he has achieved. It has inspired me. I surf for about 5 mins a day now, rather than 5 hrs, and the results I've seen have inspired me even more.

I'll run the bloody office on my own (unless Staar's OH turns up with the promised beer ) and make it a success.

'Someone's problem is someone else's business opportunity'.

This time next year Rodders, miwlyonnaires...
Don't believe everything you read.

I went to Tech with Gordon in Banbury. I also drank in the same pubs & knew the same people. Most stories have 2 sides to them
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Don't believe everything you read.

I went to Tech with Gordon in Banbury. I also drank in the same pubs & knew the same people. Most stories have 2 sides to them
Tell me more! Did he swear as much then or does he do it for effect!!!